Discussion topic: DNS/Proxy issues since 24/5/2023? affecting our Linux Mint OS on a laptop on Sky Broadband

This message was authored by TroibbleTrout This message was authored by: TroibbleTrout

DNS/Proxy issues since 24/5/2023? affecting our Linux Mint OS on a laptop on Sky Broadband

Hi,

We are using Linux Mint operating system on our laptop on Sky Broadband and since early this week we've been having intermittent issues connecting it to the Internet through Sky Broadband (on WiFi).  Restarting/switching the WiFi connection within Linux Mint can get it connected to the Internet again, and this makes me wonder whether the issue is due to some DNS/Proxy changes made in the last week by Sky?  Perhaps on each reconnection we're being provided different settings by different Proxy/DNS servers so that occasionally the laptop works, and other occasions it doesn't?

Our Sky box, mobile phones, and a work laptop, are not having the same issues on the WiFi, and I know that in the past I've had to speak to a Sky back room techie in order to get the correct settings for networking, as Sky usually configure everything automatically for Windows, Apple, and other mainstream operating systems.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Dave

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion