Discussion topic: Constantly losing connection

This message was authored by DiB1984 This message was authored by: DiB1984

Constantly losing connection

I use my laptop a lot at home, mainly YouTube & Sky Go at the moment. In recent days I keep getting error messages saying I'm offline and to check my connection. The icon on my laptop screen says I am connected and every other website seems to be ok, though there may be issues on all websites but I'm just getting lucky.

I disconnect and reconnect every time this comes up, but the issue continues. At its worst, I'm having to reconnect every 30 seconds to one minute (during the Euro coverage last night), and the problem persists despite doing this.

I have reset the network,and restarted the router but this doesn't help either. The checks indicate the broadband £ wifi here is fine, so it shouldn't keep losing connection. 

All Replies

DiB1984
Topic Author

Re: Constantly losing connection

IMG_0078.png

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DiB1984  Which frequency is your laptop connecting on as can see that the 5GHz has only been up for 42 hours and the the 2.4GHz has been up for the same amount of time as the router going by the system uptime and the WAN uptime.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
DiB1984
Topic Author

I've checked and the band seems to be 5, but I could be wrong'

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion