Discussion topic: Connection issues

This message was authored by ListerSister This message was authored by: ListerSister

Connection issues

Since about 1730 when all the fireworks started around the area - our router keeps losing connection - I rang sky and they said persevere with it overnight ... 

I did advise that the connection is dropping and the power light very quickly goes red then green ... 

my question is if we are losing connection - would the power light not stay green ? 

could this be a bigger issue ? 

router is only about 4 weeks old as it was a replacement 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Connection issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ListerSister the power light going red indicates the hub is rebooting but given this is a replacement check thst the mains supply is not the issue but if your home's lights filckered at its a mains supply issue. If you are using a trailing power block consider replacing that.. Sky hubs do occasionally go faulty but if two have done so it is quite likely its environmental.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
ListerSister
Topic Author
This message was authored by ListerSister This message was authored by: ListerSister

@Chrisee thanks for the info - the house is fine .. the box has been rebooting every 3 minutes overnight ... I've also tried it in 3 different plug sockets where I can reach the main connection box in the house and it's still been rebooting ... it looks like the box can't sustain the connection to power 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ListerSister glad you are so certain as two hubs failing is very rare but possible suggest you call Sky to get it swapped again.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion