Discussion topic: Connected but no internet

This message was authored by Frenchmeister7 This message was authored by: Frenchmeister7

Connected but no internet

I've been bashing my head with this issue for 2 days now and I'm getting frustrated. My TV (Sony Bravia) is directly connected to my sky router via an ethernet cable.  In the settings it says its connected but no internet available?  All other devices in my house are fully connected with no issues and able to surf the net without problems? Why is my TV not the same? I've tried troubleshooting, reset the router, reset TV to factory settings and performed all relevant updates. My other devices once again have connected with no issues but my TV is right back where it started and unable to use internet even though its connected? What the heck is happening? Please help

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Connected but no internet

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Frenchmeister7 one of the common causes of this kind is an  IP address error

Go into the TVs network settings and check first the ethernet port is enabled but most should be automatically . That the TV is set to get its settings from the router automatically. If you have used manual settings use 192.168.0.1 for the gateway address, that if you set an IP address manually it is between 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.254 and if you do that you should reserve  that address on the hub in LAN IP setup or you risk 2 devices having the same address.

If all thst looks right but it still wont connect check the ethernet cablecas they do break.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Frenchmeister7
Topic Author
This message was authored by Frenchmeister7 This message was authored by: Frenchmeister7

Re: Connected but no internet

Thanks I'll have a look at that and see if it makes a difference. 👍

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion