Discussion topic: Broadband speed slow around house

Gavala
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gavala This message was authored by: Gavala

How to return to escalated chat

Hi, 

I had a chat escalated over a week ago regarding my WiFi around the house, I was chatting to someone from Sky after it was escalated, They were sending out a WiFi extender to see if this resolved the issue and catching up with me on Monday to see if it had worked. 

Not heard nothing I've not received the extender and no one has contacted me?

Is there a way to reconnect to escalated chat session as the sky rep said the session would remain open? 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: How to return to escalated chat

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gavala 

To see if they can offer any update I’ve re-escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team should contact you again later. Your other thread has been removed. 

You need to watch out for a post from one of the team inviting you to a private chat and then you should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains what happens.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: How to return to escalated chat

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @Gavala.

Gavala
Topic Author

Re: Broadband speed slow around house

Hi Lisa,

This is getting me no where fast I am sorry, I have spoken to the Sky Employee that it has been escalted to for a second time they say I don't have a boster package that goes through walls etc,  I explained that when I was speaking to the previous Sky employee and sent images of where the router was along with tests no walls are between the router and the lounge at the rear of the property it is a straight run, The sky employee stated they had ordered me an extender or booster not sure which had been applied to my account but a credit was then applied and catch up with me on monday when I had received it to make sure it was working and run more tests and recevied nothing and no contact back so this new chat is stating I need to pay extra for something when the problem is not even solved. I didnt have this drop out signal with previous supplier?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Gavala 

Rather than update this thread you need to reply on the chat invite that was sent yesterday and should remain active until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Gavala 

Sky loans booster hardware 'free' under the terms of the WiFi Guarantee element of the Broadband Boost and Max WiFi subscription supplements (which have an additional monthly cost) and to fix Q television problems: they don't otherwise provide or sell them. Inevitably some have leaked onto a certain auction site, but Sky won't offer support with using these.

What a previous ISP chose to do isn't relevant.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Gavala
Topic Author

HI Thank you for your reply, What is relivant is that the sky rep who sold this package to me when I moved suppliers informed me that the sky offer broadband was better and faster than my previous supplier as I made it very clear what I used the broadband for and what was Important, This has not turned out to be the case and feel being asked to pay additional monies per month to solve a problem that I didn't have previously I feel mis sold. 

This message was authored by Stefwrob This message was authored by: Stefwrob

I've had my broads max 500mbs a. Week and I can hold my phone right next to the router and carry out a speed test and I only get 33 mbs,

re booted the modem several times but no change.

i wish I'd stayed with virgin 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion