Discussion topic: Broadband speed problems

This message was authored by hammy34 This message was authored by: hammy34

Broadband speed problems

I'm on superfast broadband and usually get speeds between 60-70mbps but after noticing some slowdown today I ran a speedtest which came back at 3mbps so I had a look at the router stats and did 2 reboots and the problem persists, in fact Its even slower. Last evening at around 6pm the internet seemed to go off for 5 minutes before returning and didn't think anything of it at the time. I've also used the sky service checker on the website which said everything was working well except, speed to the hub which was poor. Can anyone advise? My current router stats read as

Downstream connection speed 2290kbps - Line Attenuation D1(6.8 dB) D2(18.4 dB) D3(26.4 dB) - Noise margin 6.8dB

Upstream connection speed 391kbps - Line Attenuation U0(0.1 dB) , U1(0.1 dB) , U2(11.3 dB)

- Noise margin 6.0dB

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Broadband speed problems

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@IT looks like a line fault which you need to report to Sky if the app is not offering an engineers check. Calls to 150 on your Sky Talk line are free.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion