Discussion topic: Broadband order - no active line

This message was authored by Beth981 This message was authored by: Beth981

Broadband order - no active line

I placed a broadband order last week and I'm due to be activated on 6th December, but I've just discovered I don't seem to have an active line (or it has been disconnected). I believed there was an active line based on what the previous owners of the flat said, so I was due to be activated remotely. Is this going to be an issue for my activation? I don't know whether to leave it and see what happens on 6th, or try to contact Sky to let them know?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Broadband order - no active line

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Beth981 

Putting the address into the BT Wholesale Availability Checker should indicate which provisioning type is applicable.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 

It's the table and the two text lines below it which are most useful.

Remove any personal information (such as the address itself) if you post an image.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Beth981
Topic Author

@TimmyBGood  Thanks for your reply. This is the result of the broadband checker. It's a bit too technical for me to understand!Broadband checker.JPG

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Beth981 

OK, that shows you can't get FTTP, so a copper cable and master phone socket will be required to deliver FTTC.

There doesn't need to be an 'active line' because that's what's activated remotely, but the physical infrastructure does need to be in place.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Beth981
Topic Author

@TimmyBGood Thank you for your help! It's not a FTTP order and there is a master socket so I'm hoping it will be fine. I was under the impression the line had to already be active for some reason! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion