Discussion topic: Unable to access anything Sky

This message was authored by MelD2020 This message was authored by: MelD2020

Unable to access anything Sky

I am a new customer to Sky Q. I had the box fitted 3 weeks ago but they were not able to fit broadband until this weekend just gone. I am unable to access anything that relates to Sky and I can only access 'normal' tv channels, Netflix and bbc iplayer. I am also unable access any of the other apps or box sets either HD or SD. I was under the impression when I got Sky that I would be able to access some Sky channels which I have been promised as part of the 300+  channels. Is there something wrong with the set up?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Re: Unable to access anything Sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MelD2020 wrote:

I am a new customer to Sky Q. I had the box fitted 3 weeks ago but they were not able to fit broadband until this weekend just gone. I am unable to access anything that relates to Sky and I can only access 'normal' tv channels, Netflix and bbc iplayer. I am also unable access any of the other apps or box sets either HD or SD. I was under the impression when I got Sky that I would be able to access some Sky channels which I have been promised as part of the 300+  channels. Is there something wrong with the set up?

@MelD2020  can you please advise what, if any, error  message you get when trying to access Sky content ?

Is it something like  "To watch this channel, please upgrade yousubscription"  or  "to access this service you need to upgrade your subscription"

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
MelD2020
Topic Author

@Doc5907 

thanks for your reply

Some channels say "press [red button] to upgrade your package and watch ...."

Others say "you don't subscribe to this channel. For upgrade information, view in full screen"

@MelD2020 wrote:

@Doc5907 

thanks for your reply

Some channels say "press [red button] to upgrade your package and watch ...."

Others say "you don't subscribe to this channel. For upgrade information, view in full screen"

@MelD2020 

It could be you are trying to download content in HD without having the HD pack
The default download quality is set to HD (high Definition) not SD so when you try to download and watch you are prompted to upgrade (i.e. take out the HD subscription)You don't need to upgrade.
You just need to change your download preference to SD
Main Menu -> Settings -> Setup -> Preferences

If you do have the HD subscription, let me know and I will escalate it to Sky

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
MelD2020
Topic Author

@Doc5907 

I have changed the settings to SD as per your  instructions however I am still getting the same requests to upgrade. No I don't have the HD subscription.

@MelD2020  I have escalated your post to Sky who should be in touch with you regarding this via a private message on this forum or an email to you, both of which will invite you to a private chat.

Look out for a blue chat bubble which will be tomorrow now. When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

You can find out more about this process in the link below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
MelD2020
Topic Author

@Doc5907 

Thank you so much for your help. I very much appreciate it. I find it daunting using telephones to ring services up due to me having a hearing problem so this has helped a lot. I have looked at my contract and it gives a list of channels I should be receiving. 

thank you again 👍🏻

@MelD2020 wrote:

@Doc5907 

Thank you so much for your help. I very much appreciate it. I find it daunting using telephones to ring services up due to me having a hearing problem so this has helped a lot. I have looked at my contract and it gives a list of channels I should be receiving. 

thank you again 👍🏻

Your most welcome. If you have any issues with the chat function, do come back here and Iet us know 🙂

Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have now sent an invite to chat 🙂 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion