Discussion topic: Sky without broadband

This message was authored by YOR44 This message was authored by: YOR44

Sky without broadband

I do not have broadband at all. I have just upgraded to Sky Signature - but it looks like I can't watch the Box sets without the Boradband.  I was previously on Sky Original and had a Sky+ subscription.  Can I still record on my box? Do I get a new box with Sky Signature?  

What was the point of me upgrading to Sky Signature for "extra channels and box sets"?  What are the extra channels I'm now supposed to be getting?

Help please 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky without broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I presume you are in Ireland as customers there are being upgraded to Sky Signature. You do not get a new box but yes you can continue to use your box as you have been doing so you can record as you did before. You do need a broadband connection to watch Sky Boxsets as these have to be downloaded via the internet to the box first. The extra channels would be those like the Discovery ones, Sky History and the like that previoulsy would have asked you to upgrade when trying to view them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
YOR44
Topic Author
This message was authored by YOR44 This message was authored by: YOR44

@caesarome thank you for your comments. We are not in Ireland we are in Wales. Does that make a difference to your response?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@YOR44 wrote:

Does that make a difference to your response?

No the same applies. I had misread your post regarding Sky Signature as I hadn't read it that you upgraded to it yourself but what I posted above does still apply.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@YOR44 

Sky+ boxes haven't been manufactured since 2015, and so Sky are keen to transition subscribers to Sky Q, which does have a lot of online functionality.  A main Q box can still work for live television viewing and Recordings without broadband, but by default Mini boxes do need an internet router to be present at the address.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion