Discussion topic: Sky web + go remote record to Sky Q

This message was authored by lgladdy This message was authored by: lgladdy

Sky web + go remote record to Sky Q

Hey everyone,

Quick question, for some reason when i use sky.com/tv-guide and the Sky Go app, the channel order is set to SD by default (even when I pick my correct region/HD on the web), meaning if I setup a remote record on channel 401, it will actually set the recording on the SD version of the channel.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case when I was a Q customer back at launch in 2017.

Everything is right on the box, but it's just annoying to have to find the "wrong" channel numbers for remote record.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

Re: Sky web + go remote record to Sky Q

@lgladdy 

I've raised this with Sky Go a number of times and they have been hopeless. 

It's actually easier to use the Sky+ app to set remote recordings - it has the correct channel numberings (102 = BBC2 HD, 103 = ITV HD, etc) and works fine with Sky Q. 

lgladdy
Topic Author
This message was authored by lgladdy This message was authored by: lgladdy

@fizzdisco One thing I thought of, do you have Multiscreen? I don't anymore, but did first time around - wondering if it works correctly if it loads the EPG/channel list from the box instead of the cloud whereas there is no box communication unless you've got multiscreen.

I wish there was a multiscreen product to let you stream from your box to the Go app without all the overhead of mini boxes etc. Not worth paying £15 just for Sky Go access to recordings and box streaming.

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@lgladdy wrote:

@fizzdisco One thing I thought of, do you have Multiscreen? I don't anymore, but did first time around - wondering if it works correctly if it loads the EPG/channel list from the box instead of the cloud whereas there is no box communication unless you've got multiscreen.

I wish there was a multiscreen product to let you stream from your box to the Go app without all the overhead of mini boxes etc. Not worth paying £15 just for Sky Go access to recordings and box streaming.

No, I don't have multi-screen & never have done. I have Sky Go Extra which allows streaming of most Sky content directly to my mobile devices without paying any extra. I think it was a freebie with Sky VIP and removes the need for any kind of multi-screen subscription. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion