Discussion topic: Sky q box wont start

This message was authored by Grilly This message was authored by: Grilly

Sky q box wont start

I have a three week old Sky Q HDR box that wont boot up. All i get is the flashing Q light on the front. I had to reboot it as this morning it would not come out of standby mode. After restarting it did boot fine but then almost straight away switched off and was left with just the spinning Q logo. Have left it like that for an hour and still no joy. Have powered it off and rebooted and its still the same.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SkyQ HDR 2TB box
Sky Customer since 1990

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Sky q box wont start

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Grilly  I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble. When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Grilly  I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble. When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

Thank you for escalating, a chat request has now been sent 🙂

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion