Discussion topic: Sky Router Changed WiFi name SSID after power cut / restart

This message was authored by MovedToSkyButStil This message was authored by: MovedToSkyButStil

Sky Router Changed WiFi name SSID after power cut / restart

I've just had a new router installed this week and the engineer mentioned making sure it doesn't get switched off at the plug. But tonight we had power outage and for a while the internet wouldn't connect and the router had an orange light on the Voice label. I restarted the hub again following tips on this page and it's came back on all green lights but the WiFi has reset to it's original WIFI SSID and I can only connect luckily as my phone still had the old info to login.

Any tips please?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky Router Changed WiFi name SSID after power cut / restart

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MovedToSkyButStil it is unusual for a hub to reset to its factory set up during a power outage it is possible thst the outage caused further damagecso if the hub misbehaves further talk to Sky to get it swapped out.

The factory password settings are on the Hub's label and on the card that came in the box the hub arrived in.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
MovedToSkyButStil
Topic Author
This message was authored by MovedToSkyButStil This message was authored by: MovedToSkyButStil

Re: Sky Router Changed WiFi name SSID after power cut / restart

Thank you for the info, i'll have to give them a call. Might be completely unrelated but i've had some issues with our CCTV system lately too and have noticed signs it may have been hacked, and when i researched this router issue there was also a post about this too where someone online has just used the default password (which i hadnt changed yet annoyingly) to login and then do their bit. Hopefully its just a far fetched idea but i have had extremely poor speeds and occasional lag/restarts when I am using the laptop since. Ill call sky today anyway and hopefully be able to find the cause 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion