Discussion topic: Sky Q V2 and V3 with LG C9 or CX OLED Do you have Flicker?

This message was authored by scottief This message was authored by: scottief

Sky Q V2 and V3 with LG C9 or CX OLED Do you have Flicker?

I've had LG OLED (EF950V) and a V1 box as an early adopter just after Sky Q came out. I suffered then with UHD of Flicker evident when you watched content like football as noisy, shifting pixels and this was a known problem. I just stopped using UHD because of it although it was improved slightly in a later software update. Problem is, I've recent;y updated my Amp and TV (LG C9) and the flicker is still there which means it's the box! I even tried swapping HDMI and it made no difference.

I would like to ask if anyone who had a V1 box and previously experienced the UHD flicker, who now has the V2 or V3, has this solved the flicker? It's really annoyed me for years that my viewing of UHD has been spoilt and that I'm paying for a box that isn't fit for purpose in displaying UHD correctly without "noise".  UHD from all other sources doesn't exhibit this problem. I'm not really content to put up with this anymore if the new box is fine.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by bonkersrwj This message was authored by: bonkersrwj

Re: Sky Q V2 and V3 with LG C9 or CX OLED Do you have Flicker?

Did you get this resolved in the end?

scottief
Topic Author

Yes I did! Booked for an engineer, showed him the flicker and he immediately replaced with a V3 box. Solved the problem straight away!

This message was authored by Bates2828 This message was authored by: Bates2828

Hi, I'm trying to resolve my LG cx Oled tv flicker issue, it seems as if it's my sky q box causing the problem. 

Is this the same issue that you experienced?

Did you have a sky engineer visit and change the box to resolve the issue?

I'm hoping this can be done for me rather than return my tv.

Please let me know.

@scottief 

Many Thanks 

scottief
Topic Author

Yes it did. No flicker on V3 box but of course I do have the audio drop outs........

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion