Discussion topic: Sky Buddy - different time zone notification.

This message was authored by Moolakawn This message was authored by: Moolakawn

Sky Buddy - different time zone notification.

Hi,

Started receiving this Sky Broadband Buddy message below repeatedly a few months ago on my iPhone (parent version of the app) and incessantly whenever my son is using his iPhone (kid version of the app).

"Looks like <device name> is in a different time zone. You may need to adjust scheduled Bedtimes & Off Times accordingly."

His device is NOT in a different time zone by the way. His device, my device, and the router all have same time zone. 

There is no problem with the Sky buddy functionality, everything working ok. just getting this notification all the time. 

Have tried everything Incan think of. Removing his device from BB, uninstalling the VPN, uninstalling and reinstalling BB from his phone and my phone. Even disabling notifications from the app doesn't stop them. 

Yesterday my daughter changed her iPhone (restored from backup from her previous iPhone) and now I've started receiving same notifications about her iPhone. My son switched phones a few months ago and that lines up with when this started so I'm suspecting it's a bug where the VPN on the kid device is restored from backup on a new device.

My problem though is how to resolve this and stop these bloody notifications!!

Any ideas?

thanks. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Sky Buddy - different time zone notification.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Moolakawn 

Perish the thought . Any chance they would be changing time zones to facilitate extra screen time.  

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Moolakawn
Topic Author
This message was authored by Moolakawn This message was authored by: Moolakawn

Re: Sky Buddy - different time zone notification.

Ha ha that was the first thing I thought of too, but no - not unless they've been able to manage to do so without changing the time zone that is configured in phone settings. 

Also I've been able to confirm that they are only getting their allowed screentime and that they are being cut off at bedtime and off-time settings, so if they did try something like that it hasn't worked.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion