Discussion topic: SKY squeezed by O2?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by RobMF This message was authored by: RobMF

Re: SKY squeezed by O2?

I have experienced the same problems.  I used to be O2 and had a perfectly good 4G signal.  I moved our family to Sky (they aren't thanking me for this) and I/they barely have any mobile signal, browsing quite often doesnt work at all.  I'm supposed to be in a high level signal area for Sky. Complete and utter con...

This message was authored by skyuserpinn This message was authored by: skyuserpinn

The answer given by Sam-R is partially correct and a political one but he has given a major signal on the part where Sky has no control - The Radio. 

What he means by Radio is the communication setup and management is by O2. 

So sky has control over things that they have been given such as customer account management. The bandwidth of the network would be controlled by O2 infrastructure team. 

Its a shame that Sky has favoured this answer over more technically correct Lee+Bromley's reply and marked this is the answer!!! 

This message was authored by FishandChips13 This message was authored by: FishandChips13

Strange then that Sky customer services informed me yesterday that there was nothing they can do and the problem was down to O2.

This message was authored by Alfiebarksalot This message was authored by: Alfiebarksalot

Cancelled Vodafone to move to Sky this April. What a mistake, absolutely gutted, as I took stated coverage as gospel. Not been out and about much for obvious reasons. Odd occasion I've turned wifi off at home 4G was slow but thought nothing of it. Walked into Town Centre today (largish town of 90k+) and did several tests. Regularly had no response on Speed Tests, that or less than 1 Mbps download (sometimes the test would crash due to not getting any upload) and on occasion dropped to 3G. Didn't even realise 3G was still a thing! 

This can't be right surely? Have little to no confidence in the network. Couldn't even place a call today despite showing full bars. Brand new iPhone 12Pro. Seems to be an expensive paperweight at the moment. Anybody had any joy and getting released from contract. Can't face 3 months of this let alone 3 years. Double trouble as got the wife the same phone and contract. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion