Discussion topic: Parental Control & Playback

This message was authored by AndyMc231180 This message was authored by: AndyMc231180

Parental Control & Playback

Morning

We purchased a sky mini box for our daughter for Christmas so she could have access to kids programs but mainly the child accounts of netflix and disney. We have since noticed that she has been watching our recordings....itv 'the cabins', Mrs browns boys......so I accessed the parental control section to ask for pins on all watershed programs. This works when trying to access some channels but is not stopping her from accessing recorded programs that are on after the watershed, and these are clearly not suitable for her as contain swearing etc.. is this fixable?

I have also looked into kids safe mode which I activated but then she cannot access the disney or netflix apps so defeats the object...hopefully someone could help 🙂

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Re: Parental Control & Playback

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AndyMc231180 wrote:

Morning

We purchased a sky mini box for our daughter for Christmas so she could have access to kids programs but mainly the child accounts of netflix and disney. We have since noticed that she has been watching our recordings....itv 'the cabins', Mrs browns boys......so I accessed the parental control section to ask for pins on all watershed programs. This works when trying to access some channels but is not stopping her from accessing recorded programs that are on after the watershed, and these are clearly not suitable for her as contain swearing etc.. is this fixable?

I have also looked into kids safe mode which I activated but then she cannot access the disney or netflix apps so defeats the object...hopefully someone could help 🙂

Hi @AndyMc231180  The link Here  will let you know everything you can do with managing parental controls on SKYQ

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion