Discussion topic: Offered Sky Q Multiroom for discounted price of £10/mth but being charged £14/mth

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Offered Sky Q Multiroom for discounted price of £10/mth but being charged £14/mth

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@riskman27 wrote: 
The problem was inside my property so Sky's responsibility.

Fair enough 👍

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
riskman27
Topic Author
This message was authored by riskman27 This message was authored by: riskman27

Re: Offered Sky Q Multiroom for discounted price of £10/mth but being charged £14/mth

Yes Techmanager Mal I intend to. I have spoken with someone at Sky on 3 occassions now. First one said he could see the problem, gave me £2.50/mth off of my Sky Talk pack for my troubles and said he had made notes on my account file which he would forward to his line manager who would resolve the matter in 2-3 days. This did not happen. The second person said he couldn't find the notes #1 had recorded and offered to take all the equipment out and return my package to pre-existing. I said that was unsatisfactory as I believed I had a verbal contract with Sky. He raised a case number and said it would be sorted in 7 days. 30 mins after the call ended I received an email saying the casenumber had been closed, but with no explanation. The third person I called to find out what was going on said there was nothing he could do, but he would put me through to his line manager. After a 35 minute wait I had to hang up. So maybe you can see I do not have alot of faith in the people I have so far come into contact with at Sky!

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@riskman27 wrote:

Yes Techmanager Mal I intend to. I have spoken with someone at Sky on 3 occassions now. First one said he could see the problem, gave me £2.50/mth off of my Sky Talk pack for my troubles and said he had made notes on my account file which he would forward to his line manager who would resolve the matter in 2-3 days. This did not happen. The second person said he couldn't find the notes #1 had recorded and offered to take all the equipment out and return my package to pre-existing. I said that was unsatisfactory as I believed I had a verbal contract with Sky. He raised a case number and said it would be sorted in 7 days. 30 mins after the call ended I received an email saying the casenumber had been closed, but with no explanation. The third person I called to find out what was going on said there was nothing he could do, but he would put me through to his line manager. After a 35 minute wait I had to hang up. So maybe you can see I do not have alot of faith in the people I have so far come into contact with at Sky!

• I do see that and have been there too, the answer is dogged persistence until you contact the adviser who takes ownership of the problem and resolves it to your satisfaction - it will happen.
Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

riskman27
Topic Author
This message was authored by riskman27 This message was authored by: riskman27

Had an update email this morning from Amanda at Customer Priority and she has offered me a 50% discount for 12 months on Multiroom, as the original deal was no longer available. This will, if my calculations are correct 😁, cost the same over 18 months as the original deal would have cost. My account appears to have been updated for the coming months (although I have been charged the full £15 for the current billing month 🙄). Fingers crossed it should all be sorted out. Good job I am retired with time on my hands.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion