Discussion topic: Offered Sky Q Multiroom for discounted price of £10/mth but being charged £14/mth

This message was authored by riskman27 This message was authored by: riskman27

Offered Sky Q Multiroom for discounted price of £10/mth but being charged £14/mth

On 20th July 2021 was offered a discounted deal for Multiroom by Sky broadband engineer repairing my broadband. Shown details on his iPad so thinking it was all above board agreed. On 23rd July 2021 it was all fitted. On 27th July 2021 checked my account to find I was now being charged £14/mth for Multiroom and my Entertainment pack had been changed to Signature and the cost increased by £1. Contacted Sky straight away and was told there must have been a mistake and his line manager would rectify it in 2-3 days. He also gave me £2.50 off of my Talk package to compensate for the inconvenience. 3 days later the £2.50 Talk discount had been added to my account, but nothing else. Contacted Sky again and told that the original discounted deal should not have been offered and it could no longer apply. When I protested he said he would put the matter to his line manager. After being left hanging on for over 35 minutes I had to hang up. I have contacted the Complaints dept. and had a confirmation email which said I should be contacted within 48 hrs but 1 days later no response. It would appear I am being 'fobbed' off in the hope that I will go away. Having been a Sky customer for 30 years I find my treatment totally unacceptable! Can anyone help me?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by NickNewark This message was authored by: NickNewark

Re: Offered Sky Q Multiroom for discounted price of £10/mth but being charged £14/mth

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You should try and get through again to ask by phone, or go through the complaints section on your Sky login, which should give you the opportunity to live chat!(cut and paste your above post into live chat)  I'm sure getting through to the right person will get this resolved. 

I had an issue signing up for multiroom on a discounted price, in the end they ending up knocking something off the Broadband price to compensate, it ended up the correct monthly cost at the end of the day. 

riskman27
Topic Author

Re: Offered Sky Q Multiroom for discounted price of £10/mth but being charged £14/mth

Just tried to get onto Live Chat but told it is not available at the momebt. Feels like I am being blocked!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@riskman27 Try on the phone. Quieter times are just after 7am when lines open and about 9pm. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@riskman27 Chat isn't always available, you're not being blocked, it's as simple as that.

Do you really think Sky have the time & staff to just sit there and block customers at random?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

riskman27
Topic Author

Ever heard of algorithms?

@riskman27  Ok, if you want to believe Sky are blocking you, then they are blocking you.

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@riskman27 If Sky blocked customers from the Live Chat

• what would be the point of having Live Chat
  • wouldn't the forum pages be inundated with customers complaining 

Sky customer since 2001
riskman27
Topic Author

If you noticed I didn't say they were blocking me I simply said it appeared to me that that was what was happening. FYI the whole saga started with a Sky engineer attending my property 7 days after my broadband went down and at Sky's suggestion. Just before the engineer attended the broadband came back on line. When he spoke to me he told me exactly when it came back online. I wonder if Sky had their  people sitting there watching my broadband? 

@riskman27 wrote:

I wonder if Sky had their  people sitting there watching my broadband? 

Yes because obviously Sky employ people just to sit & stare all day at your broadband connection.

@riskman27 wrote:

When he spoke to me he told me exactly when it came back online. I wonder if Sky had their  people sitting there watching my broadband? 

@riskman27 The engineer would have been from Openreach not Sky and he had probably been working on your fault at the local broadband box in the street. The watch @riskman27 broadband department were off that day.

Sky customer since 2001
riskman27
Topic Author

When you try to go onto Live Chat you have to sign in to your account which means they know who is trying to chat with them. If they repeatedly make it difficult to contact them (and I know enough about computers to know that is possible) are they hoping you will just give up and accept the situation?

@riskman27 You obviously think you are top of Openreach's watch list so nothing we say will convince you otherwise.

Sky customer since 2001
riskman27
Topic Author

Wrong. He was a Sky engineer, in Sky overalls and in a Sky van. He also confirmed during our conversations that Openreach are responsible for everything outside my property from the Master Socket back. The problem was inside my property so Sky's responsibility.

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

• Getting back to your original query try calling Sky as suggested and talk it through to your satisfaction.
Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion