Discussion topic: Issues with Sky Q Boxes

This message was authored by maiyaa11 This message was authored by: maiyaa11

Issues with Sky Q Boxes

For around 6-8 Months I’ve had an issue with my Main Sky Q Box & Mini Box. The main box often freezes while we’re watching something. The Mini Box freezes or jumps backwards, the Guide is sluggish and slow, and trying to watch anything off the Planner is near enough impossible because every 2 minutes the signal plays up. I have tried everything, from resetting both boxes and the Router, to unplugging them both and waiting a while, though nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any ideas?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Issues with Sky Q Boxes

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@maiyaa11 wrote:

For around 6-8 Months I’ve had an issue with my Main Sky Q Box & Mini Box. The main box often freezes while we’re watching something. The Mini Box freezes or jumps backwards, the Guide is sluggish and slow, and trying to watch anything off the Planner is near enough impossible because every 2 minutes the signal plays up. I have tried everything, from resetting both boxes and the Router, to unplugging them both and waiting a while, though nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi @maiyaa11 

Was the reset you carried out a Reset settings in the hidden menu?

Also were the Q boxes previously working OK?

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

Re: Issues with Sky Q Boxes

@maiyaa11 wrote:

Maybe ask Sky to replace the main box?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion