Discussion topic: Is it possible to shorten and make superfast broadband activation happen sooner?

This message was authored by Hyogs This message was authored by: Hyogs

Is it possible to shorten and make superfast broadband activation happen sooner?

Hey there!

I'll be moving out of my family house this weekend and decided to go with Sky as my choice of broadband for my new flat, I just have a question about it since this is a whole new process for me, Is it possible to ask Sky if they can shorten the time for the activation phase?

The activation date is due later this month (just under 2 weeks) but I would appreciate it if it's possible to contact Sky and request for activation to happen sooner, I've looked around and haven't found a concrete answer about this, so I thought I'd give it a shot by asking here before I try calling them.

I also have another question regarding "Sky Pay as you Talk";
Would that only effect the landline phone? I don't have any plans to use a landline when I move, I'm just unsure if it means just the landline phone would be effected or all phone devices that would be connected to the Internet? Just wanted to confirm this as well as I do make a few calls on my Mobile on a weekly basis.

Apologies if these are dumb/simple questions, especially the latter.

Best Answers
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Re: Is it possible to shorten and make superfast broadband activation happen sooner?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hyogs 

The date Sky give you is for a reason, its the nearest available date for Openreach to go and activate your line so it cant be done sooner.

As for the Sky Talk thats for any calls made from your landline only. Any incoming calls to your landline or any mobiles used wont be charged. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Re: Is it possible to shorten and make superfast broadband activation happen sooner?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hyogs 

The date Sky give you is for a reason, its the nearest available date for Openreach to go and activate your line so it cant be done sooner.

As for the Sky Talk thats for any calls made from your landline only. Any incoming calls to your landline or any mobiles used wont be charged. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Hyogs
Topic Author
This message was authored by Hyogs This message was authored by: Hyogs

Cheers and thanks for the confirmation on both accounts!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion