Discussion topic: Input 2 signal missing

This message was authored by Lydia12 This message was authored by: Lydia12

Input 2 signal missing

I had to move my TV (house decoration). Afterwards I switched on my TV (and Sky). Initially I couldn't get a synopsis of the TV programme. I thought I'd fixed it by changing the input 2 signal to 'OFF' . Now I can't get the synpopsis or record a programme whilst watching another. The TV also now defaults to a programme I had recorded. Help!!

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Input 2 signal missing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Did you also disconnect your Sky box? If so, I suspect you've inadvertently disturbed one of the dish cable connectors. Turn your Sky box off at the plug, and unplug both dish cables from your Sky box. Look through the open ends of the plugs and in the centre you should see a pin. Make sure the pin in each plug is straight. If one of them is bent to the side, use a screwdriver or something similar to carefully bend it straight again. Then reconnect, ,making sure you line up the plug and socket accurately when you push it in and restart your Sky box.

Turn off Single Feed Mode, if you turned it on and check for two good signals. 

If tjay doesn't resolve it, your best option is to call Sky and report the fault.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Did you also disconnect your Sky box? If so, I suspect you've inadvertently disturbed one of the dish cable connectors. Turn your Sky box off at the plug, and unplug both dish cables from your Sky box. Look through the open ends of the plugs and in the centre you should see a pin. Make sure the pin in each plug is straight. If one of them is bent to the side, use a screwdriver or something similar to carefully bend it straight again. Then reconnect, ,making sure you line up the plug and socket accurately when you push it in and restart your Sky box.

Turn off Single Feed Mode, if you turned it on and check for two good signals. 

If tjay doesn't resolve it, your best option is to call Sky and report the fault.

Lydia12
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lydia12 This message was authored by: Lydia12

Thank you for responding Mark. I have tried to check this out in the sky community beforehand.  Just tried your suggestion. I think  I need to call an engineer!!

This message was authored by Kiwigavin This message was authored by: Kiwigavin

I've a similar problem, though Input 2 failed out of the blue, we hadn't moved or disturbed the cables.

I've checked the connections and also swapped the cables over between the inputs. All I then got was no signal on BOTH Inputs. I would have thought it was a cable issue it would move the problem to Input 1. 
Could the fault be internal to the box?

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

it could be the Sky box and/or the cables and/or the LNB on the dish

This message was authored by Kiwigavin This message was authored by: Kiwigavin

Thanks.

We've got a second box that is fine so that hopefully rules out the dish. But am I right in assuming it will have its own cables?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Kiwigavin wrote:

But am I right in assuming it will have its own cables?

You mean your second box will have its own cables? That's unlikely as dish cables aren't provided with Sky boxes.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion