Discussion topic: I have two magic eyes in different rooms, both are indicating they are alive (red light on)

This message was authored by magic+eye+remote This message was authored by: magic+eye+remote

I have two magic eyes in different rooms, both are indicating they are alive (red light on)

I have been using magic eyes in two rooms without any issues for 7 years.  Now they are not working even thought the red light on each is alight.  Has a software upgrade changed so this are no longer work?  I've checked all connected, rebooted and all the normal processes when there is  a fault with no luck.

The picture is still good on both TV's however I now need to change channels from the main sitting room!

Any suggestions please?

Keith

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: I have two magic eyes in different rooms, both are indicating they are alive (red light on)

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@magic+eye+remote wrote:

I have been using magic eyes in two rooms without any issues for 7 years.  Now they are not working even thought the red light on each is alight.  Has a software upgrade changed so this are no longer work?  I've checked all connected, rebooted and all the normal processes when there is  a fault with no luck.

Nothing to do with any software update.

Does you Sky box have an RF2 socket on the rear panel? Or are you using an IO Link? How are the two magic eyes connected to a single RF2 or IO Link socket?

magic+eye+remote
Topic Author
This message was authored by magic+eye+remote This message was authored by: magic+eye+remote

Re: I have two magic eyes in different rooms, both are indicating they are alive (red light on)

@Mark39 

Nothing has changed in my config, output from 2nd RF hardwired to a booster unit in the loft then feeds back into every room of the house all via hardwired links. It’s bizarre 🤔

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion