Discussion topic: Failed Delivery - No Stand provided to Panther

This message was authored by JonKermode This message was authored by: JonKermode

Failed Delivery - No Stand provided to Panther

I'm interested to know if anyone has faced a similar situation and timelines/expectations for resolution.

Panther Logistics arrived at my property to deliver my Sky Glass order on Friday (21/01/22) however immediately informed me that Sky had not provided them with the stand to go with the television. They (quite fairly) informed me that they were not comfortable delivering a partial order (as they retain the responsibility for building and disposal of the boxes) and asked me to reject delivery and immediately contact Sky. This was confirmed as the correct process by a Panther Customer service agent on the phone.

I rang Sky, who passed me through three different agents, before I settled on an agent from 'pre-cancellations' - who was apparently the most appropriate person to deal with the situation. He confirmed that the Panther delivery guys did the right thing - and by rejected the delivery the TV will be returned to Sky. 

I asked when a new TV (with a stand) would be issued - only to be told that there is no way for this to be done. My order will be cancelled (only once the TV is recieved back by Sky) and the entire onus is on me to reorder (and go through a further hard credit check - frustrating) and go through the order process again. I will not be able to do this until my entire order is cancelled. The agent confirmed they would not be able to call me to confirm when the cancellation is completed/package removed from my account - and I will have to keep an eye on my email and Sky Account to check if and when the order has been cancelled. No apparent interest in ensuring I am retained as a customer and assist me in obtaining Glass?

This is such a frustrating and backwards way of resolving such a basic issue in delivery. My TV has been sat with Panther since Friday night - with the tracking indicating that 'Order is in Quarantine'.

Has anyone faced a similar situation? It seems that the entire onus for ensuring my issue is resolved has been handed over to me - with all Sky Customer Service agents I've spoken to apparently very unclear on process and procedure for managing a Glass order. Any tips/timescales for resolution?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Failed Delivery - No Stand provided to Panther

@JonKermode  Reading this forum there are plenty of people who have had unsatisfactory deliveries including missing stands, the whole panther/sky relationship is very poor.

Sadly, unless you chase it can take ages for them to awknowledge receipt of the tv back to their depot as well.

Shame I haven't better news.

JonKermode
Topic Author
This message was authored by JonKermode This message was authored by: JonKermode

This sounds like a bit of a nightmare then - and in no way encourages me to try to obtain Glass once resolved. I'm not a current Sky Q customer due to property restrictions on dishes (but I am a long term broadband customer) so I'm suprised there is no customer retention angle for trying to resolve - rather than essentially abandoning a prospective customer to having to manage their own issue.

I'm reasonably concerned as to the fact that this is a financed product - with a 14-day cancellation period for consumer credit. If this isn't resolved within a suitable period I'm likely to have to raise further requests to amend credit reporting e.t.c - which I get the feeling will be a nightmare.

JonKermode
Topic Author

Should clarify - appreciate you are a fellow customer, rather than Sky Employee. Thanks for your response (albeit a concerning one).

@JonKermode  sky do a 31 day return policy for glass, so it's a bit longer.

One other thing to ensure is that you have a solid broadband connection and solid home network, glass is awful with WiFi and only seems to be reliable on a hard wired ethernet connection.

@JonKermode  just keep at it I guess, i'm not sure how the finance works with returns someone may be able to advise better, I purchased outright so didn't have that situation and to be fair the panther delivery was first class, sadly it's a bit hit and miss expecially when Sky doesn't provide them with all the kit.

How on earth in this day and age nobody checks this I don't know surely they would know they have all the equipment before delivering it ? bit of a shambles.

@JonKermode wrote:

Should clarify - appreciate you are a fellow customer, rather than Sky Employee. Thanks for your response (albeit a concerning one).

There are superusers on this forum who can escalate your post to Sky if you need to, but yes this forum is customer based, sky do monitor the forums but don't get that involved.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JonKermode wrote:

This is such a frustrating and backwards way of resolving such a basic issue in delivery.

Unfortunately Sky and the Glass designers created the situation by specifying an enclosure and stand combination which has to ship in separate boxes due to its bulk: pretty much every other manufacturer is going down the route of more minimal structural support rather than amplifying it.  I guess that's what they mean by " It features a bold design approach which looks to acknowledge the real estate created by the technology situated inside, celebrating the product as an object for the home, rather than hiding or disguising it ".  Yuch!

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
JonKermode
Topic Author

That is indeed deeply frustrating. For a product apparently designed around 'eco' principles - the wastage inherent in both design and customer service processes (requiring an entire delivery to be aborted for the sake of a metal bracket) is so flawed.

If a 'Superuser' sees this post - can you please escalate to a Sky Employee. I'm unfortunately getting nowhere via telephony - being handed off from pillar to post. Nobody seems to know how to manage the Glass product.

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@JonKermode wrote:

This is such a frustrating and backwards way of resolving such a basic issue in delivery.

Unfortunately Sky and the Glass designers created the situation by specifying an enclosure and stand combination which has to ship in separate boxes due to its bulk: pretty much every other manufacturer is going down the route of more minimal structural support rather than amplifying it.  I guess that's what they mean by " It features a bold design approach which looks to acknowledge the real estate created by the technology situated inside, celebrating the product as an object for the home, rather than hiding or disguising it ".  Yuch!

I just threw up a little bit into my mouth. What absolute 🐮💩

Just to say, my Glass and Puck run superbly from wifi, when connected initially with ethernet both were truly awful. Freezing, lip sync issues etc etc...so not quite as suggested....

Roger

@Anonymous  That's good but the general opinion across the forum is more people have issues with Wi-Fi than hard wired 

@Anonymous 

Agree with your statement, though there are a lot of home networks that are particularly poorly set up, also with broadband connections usually the customer wants the cheapest price, which means not necessarily a great connection...!!!

Roger

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Not quite the same as you but I had a problem to my glass tv went down and I had to have it replaced but sky ordered new TV and stand but panther only had TV on the order this was cancelled by sky and a new with stand arrived the guys replaced the tv and now I have a spare stand as they only took TV and remote they said they did not need the rest 

This message was authored by jaw20001978 This message was authored by: jaw20001978

Feel for the original poster. Really a shambles.

Second that my Glass is on WiFi and apart from some banding works perfect with no issues.

Also 3 pucks work flawless on WiFi once you have got them turned on. Turning them on is an all different story though.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion