Discussion topic: Changes to the Sky TV guide - October 2020

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - October 2020

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@YellowSnow wrote:

I would move to Q.... but heard so many issues regarding your internet needs to be a really good signal or it doesnt work properly .... I only use Sky for my tv package.... I have a different provider that does my phone & internet

Sky recommend an internet connection capable of at least 3Mbps, which is a minimal requirement that the vast majority of homes are able to achieve. I too use a non-Sky internet provider. If your Sky+ box works ok for catch up, a Sky Q box in the same location should too.

Where there are problems with Sky Q they arise mainly with a multiroom setup using additional Mini boxes which connect to the main box over wifi. Because of wifi conditions within the home, the Minis sometimes can't achieve a stable connection. In my home both Mini boxes work fine.

This message was authored by YellowSnow This message was authored by: YellowSnow

Oh ok... i may look into Sky Q then...

My worry is that I have a booster plug in thing for the wifi in my conservatory... we have various devices - xbox, ps4, laptop, 3 x mobile phones... all competing with the internet... my laptop lags if the kids are gaming & watching videos...

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@YellowSnow apart from On Demand, Q boxes use the web for some screen graphics (programme tiles) and voice control. If you were to use a Q box in the same place as,your Sky+ box and that  works ok with On Demand, a Q box should be ok too, I would think.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion