Discussion topic: verbal password

This message was authored by loubrum This message was authored by: loubrum

verbal password

just received a call from Sky asking if they could imprve my package. They asked (amongst other things) for my verbal password. Never heard of it and do not remember setting one up As such, they would not progress any further. I was told to go online and set a new verbal password up.

I can not find how to do this or where to do this? 

any advice?

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: verbal password

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

A verbal password is one used when either you contract Sky via the phone or they contact you. If you don't know what it is then they should be able to identify you by asking you other questions which they should have tried. You can't reset this password online.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

A verbal password is one used when either you contract Sky via the phone or they contact you. If you don't know what it is then they should be able to identify you by asking you other questions which they should have tried. You can't reset this password online.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
loubrum
Topic Author
This message was authored by loubrum This message was authored by: loubrum

that was what I thought to be honest. I came off the 'phone wondering if it was just a scam?

This message was authored by gdto404 This message was authored by: gdto404

I am having the same problem with Sky asking for this password which I don't know.  I wasn't given any other option for them to gain access to my account.  I can access my bank account easier than  this.  I don't know what else to do now.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@gdto404 

Call Sky and state you've forgotten your telephone password. They should be able to verify your identity by other questions and reset a password for you. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion