Discussion topic: Upgraded to sports then found myself renewing tv contract

This message was authored by gerri1030 This message was authored by: gerri1030

Upgraded to sports then found myself renewing tv contract

Hi

I have been with sky for over 16 years.

I upgrade via TV for sky sports. It did say 18 month for sky sports. HOWEVER only when I received an email it showed I had intact renewed my sky tv coneact also.

I've always had help with sky at renewal time..what a shock this time..I called within an hour to put a stop to be told they couldn't change anything...on top of that my renewal is 30 pounds a month more..with me having to drop add ons...despite myself begging I can't afford...the attitude was cold and repetitive to say I had entered a new contract for 18 month..which meant there was no reason for sky to offer any deals to keep me ..im utterly devastated but please be warned. I am shocked at how cold sky are..not interested. They have lost me once this contract period ends. Many many years and they don't care. Im stuck with less features and more money to pay them I can't afford a month...please be careful when you upgrade via tv..it doesn't make this clear and sky won't comment when challenged on that apart from you can't get out the new contract. Surely this cannot be right? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Upgraded to sports then found myself renewing tv contract

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sorry to hear this. The practical implication of signing up to Sky Sports for 18 months is that you have to have the base TV package for the same period - you can't have Sky Sports (or Sky Cinema) on its own.

gerri1030
Topic Author
This message was authored by gerri1030 This message was authored by: gerri1030

Re: Upgraded to sports then found myself renewing tv contract

Thanks Mark, yes I realised that now..I stupidly thought that because I already had a package it stood as the platform. By upgrading to sports it meant my whole new contract started again, I had discounts on my existing package and upon renewal sky were always good to help me previously...Shockingly not this time. Just weren't interested as I was now tied into a new non discounted contract. This is the reality customers need to realise. Basically don't upgrade until your due to renew your contract. Otherwise your left paying alot more, despite myself stating I'm struggling they said they couldn't do a thing to help reduce ..I had to downgrade to get the cost down  and still end up paying more. Totally gutting.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion