Discussion topic: Upgrade movies will price increase still apply

This message was authored by bernice52 This message was authored by: bernice52

Upgrade movies will price increase still apply

Hi, 

i have recently had an email to say my sky tv is going up to £52 a month (£7) increase in july. Ive been thinking for a while to add on movies. When i go to upgrade it recontracts me for 18 months and changes the price of my sky signature and netflix plus adds on movies cost. New total would be £59. If i do that now, will i still get the £7 a month increase added on to my new contract price. So if i sign up today and change my price to £59 will £7 be added onto my new contract price and thus making my bill £66 a month. Or because i recontract will my total be £59 and the email price increase be ignored. The reason I ask is if i recontract it increases my add on and sky signature price now, so seems unfair to still increase it in July. Many thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Upgrade movies will price increase still apply

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Unless the recontracted price states that it includes the increase effective from1 July, I think you would have to assume it doesn't. Probably best to contact Sky directly to see what they say.

bernice52
Topic Author
This message was authored by bernice52 This message was authored by: bernice52

Thanks mark, looking through the offer and all the t&c's it doesn't state dates anywhere. I'll give them a call on Tuesday. 

This message was authored by NickNewark This message was authored by: NickNewark

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@bernice52 Check Sky VIP, there's been some offers about for a free 4 week Sky Movies Trial, no new contract, and sometimes a reduced monthly price going forward, Might be worth a look. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion