Discussion topic: Unlink discovery plus

This message was authored by CAbrammmmmmm This message was authored by: CAbrammmmmmm

Unlink discovery plus

Anyone know how I can unlink discovery plus? Sky is linked to my wife's account that she used to pay for so now it's free, we need to unlink it and set up

my account. Struggling to find any sky contact details to speak to a human 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Unlink discovery plus

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I don't know if this will work for you:

For Sky Stream puck or Sky Q - Press Home on your Sky remote, then select My Sky at the bottom of the screen.
You’ll then see a screen with your purchases. Select Your products. You’ll then be asked to enter your Sky TV PIN number.

Then follow the prompts to cancel.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by J333C This message was authored by: J333C

Did you get anywhere with this I tried following the suggestion on my sky q box but there wasn't a option for purchases and I'm also looking to delink a account.

This message was authored by petesplace This message was authored by: petesplace

On my Samsung TV I have downloaded Discovery Plus I now have Discovery plus premium but when I switch back to Sky q Discovery plus does not work not even basic talks on the phone with Sky no help at all so called technicians do not know what the talking about all they say is talk to Discovery Plus so what is the point of a customer service if the people working on it do not know what they're doing I have tried the activation system many times does not work I am connected through my Sky ID to Discovery Plus but when I click on it and try to watch something upgrade to watch this should be free with Sky

This message was authored by petesplace This message was authored by: petesplace

Discovery Plus helped me with TNT Sports and Discovery plus premium sky were no help at all through Discovery Plus I now have Discovery plus premium on my Samsung TV they advise me to use an old email I had to download the discovery Plus app and now it is working everything is on we pay all the money to Sky and I had to get help from somewhere else and it didn't cost me a penny I will continue to subscribe to TNT Sports through Sky but I am looking at alternatives I wonder if Sky ever read these forums

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Sky can't help if your issue is with the Discovery Plus app though so its no wonder that your solution came from speaking with Discovery Plus. 

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Having used my old email on my Samsung TV I decided to try again on my Sky q to see if Discovery Plus would work my Sky ID is still linked to discovery

plus so I signed out on the app I did try this before and it didn't work I decided to try again after signing out I went through the procedure to sign back in I used my old email which had used on my Samsung TV and it went through and now I have discovered Plus premium on my Samsung TV and on Sky q and I did this with no help from Sky at all

This is an update on my last post from January I had discovery plus premium on my Sky q they had been problems but I finally got access to discovery plus premium I started to watch world championship snooker qualifiers on Thursday of last week for some reason my connection to Discovery plus went off asking me to sign in so I went through the activation same old story upgrade to watch back to square one so why has this gone off if Sky had read my last post they would have known I did not use the email I used my old email they have access to the interface from their end so as I can see they have turned it off cannot get it back on so now I have to turn over to my Samsung TV to watch the qualifiers the picture is just as good it is just inconvenient to switch over from Sky q as I said before I am not impressed with Sky at all

Found out today talking to a sky representative face-to-face they told me Discovery plus premium is not available through Sky you have to go through Discovery plus to get premium only the basic Discovery Plus is available I have been trying for so long to get it to work on Sky q when I phoned them nobody told me it was not available if you want Discovery plus premium on Sky q you have to subscribe to Discovery Plus not through Sky even though I have subscribed to TNT Sports for over a year what is the point of having the discovery Plus app on Sky q if you cannot access all the content

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@petesplace wrote:

Found out today talking to a sky representative face-to-face they told me Discovery plus premium is not available through Sky you have to go through Discovery plus to get premium only the basic Discovery Plus is available I have been trying for so long to get it to work on Sky q when I phoned them nobody told me it was not available if you want Discovery plus premium on Sky q you have to subscribe to Discovery Plus not through Sky even though I have subscribed to TNT Sports for over a year what is the point of having the discovery Plus app on Sky q if you cannot access all the content

Unfortunately the sky rep you were talking to was talking utter nonsense.

If you’re a TNT Sports subscriber (and pay Sky for TNT Sports) with a discovery+ account through Sky Marketplace, you are upgraded to discovery+ premium. The process usually takes up to 48 hours once you add TNT Sports to your Sky subscription. Sometimes the upgrade process goes wrong (as it requires communication between Sky and Discovery + systems) but can usually be sorted by either Sky or Discovery + customer services if it fails to upgrade.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

As I said in my earlier remarks I have discovered plus premium on my Samsung Smart TV so phoning sky up as I've found previously is a waste of time having checked Discovery Plus on my Sky q after seeing the rep in Leeds I went on to the app try to sign in went through the activation again put in the code tried to watch something upgrade to watch is all I got so even the basic Discovery plus is not available never mind the premium so if I want to watch snooker that isn't on normal Eurosport like the qualifiers and the Champions League the national switch over to the TV away from Sky to watch it I would like to thank the people who answered this query

I have been told by Sky on the phone that Samsung causes problems with Discovery Plus and that's why I cannot un link my email so this closes this discussion just like to say further arranged a new contract while I was on the phone the guy I spoke to was brilliant exact opposite of previous calls sorting me out a great contract at a good price this has renewed my confidence in Sky customer service if all the people on the phone were as efficient as this guy there would not be a problem

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion