Discussion topic: UK Complaints? How??

This message was authored by Gruffler This message was authored by: Gruffler

UK Complaints? How??

Can anyone enlighten me how I get through to UK complaints please?

I've tried repeatedly filling out the complaint form on the Sky website regarding my elderly parents account. Half the time nobody calls me back, or follows up. The other half time, someone from your Indian call centre calls my mother, runs rings around her, then somehow ends up signing up/upselling to even more services, when we're trying to bloody cancel them!

Can I please just speak to someone from Osterly or Dunfermline ?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: UK Complaints? How??

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gruffler wrote:

Can I please just speak to someone from Osterly or Dunfermline ?

No as you're talking to to other customers, no one from Sky would be able to contact you or even know who you are from a forum post.  Have you tried the messaging option here?  https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint#message-us-only

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Gruffler
Topic Author

Hoping one of the sky staff that haunt the forums can point me in the right direction.

Unfortunately web chat just goes straight to India, and they will not veer off-script... unless these commission to be made from upselling another package you don't want. 😩

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Gruffler  There is no direct number or contact options for any UK based adviser, no staff can point you in the right direction as the right ones are already posted under this link https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Gruffler 

Unless you already have authority to speak to Sky on behalf of whichever parent is the account holder Sky might not speak to you anyway. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Gruffler
Topic Author

Cheers - she has set a password/authorised me to speak on her behalf. I just tried calling using the number on the link from GD1... got through to someone UK-based.

He solved it. Instantly. Missold packages cancelled, charges waived with manager's approval. All done. 👍

Still not fantastic experience. First several calls, same agents just repeating the same thing, going round and round in circles, unable to understand the basis for complaint. As ex-osterly staff, I assume they still aren't trusted to veer off-script and try and troubleshoot. 😕

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Gruffler 

You probably know about it already but it could be beneficial the account holder (Mum or Dad) being registered with the Sky Accessibility Team who may be able to help in the future. Once registered there are also different methods of communication with this team other than phoning
https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/

This link may also provide further advice
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/third-party-assistance

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion