Discussion topic: Sky increases

This message was authored by Jp1460 This message was authored by: Jp1460

Sky increases

The increases Sky are applying from April equate to just short of a 10% jump - this is ridiculous! neen with them for 20+ years and seriously considering cancelling everything and going elsewhere - I managed to reduce by getting rid of multi room towards end of last year but this increase will totally wipe out that saving.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky increases

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jp1460 

That's still less than other providers are apparently adding. You've agreed to this through your terms and conditions and all customers will be affected. Sky can increase prices once in any 12 month period. Your contract is not a fixed price but your discounts are. You’ll receive an email or letter by the 23 March outlining the increases.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Jp1460 wrote:

The increases Sky are applying from April equate to just short of a 10% jump - this is ridiculous!

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Jp1460 wrote:

The increases Sky are applying from April equate to just short of a 10% jump - this is ridiculous! neen with them for 20+ years and seriously considering cancelling everything and going elsewhere - I managed to reduce by getting rid of multi room towards end of last year but this increase will totally wipe out that saving.

Unwelcome, of course, but not unreasonable or unexpected given that inflation is at around 10%. Some other providers are raising prices by inflation +4%.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion