Discussion topic: Sky Talk Anytime Extra but massive call charges

This message was authored by Grayzgirl This message was authored by: Grayzgirl

Sky Talk Anytime Extra but massive call charges

I set up Sky Broadband for my 73 year old mum when she came out of hospital and a house telephone for her which is connected to the Sky Broadband Hub, as there is not landline in the house.

After a few days I checked the bill online and it was already up to nearly £10 for only four or five calls to my mobile. So in a panic I called Sky and after a lot of frustration on my part, as I am not the person named on the bill but it is my email and mobile number that is registered to the account,  managed to get them to put Sky Talk Anytime Extra on the bill.

However I have just checked the bill now and the call charges are nearly £60 for last month, all of the calls are for a few minutes each to my mobile. I thought Sky Talk Anytime Extra included mobile phone calls. And the bill for this month is already up to £40 for call charges!!!

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky Talk Anytime Extra but massive call charges

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Grayzgirl  If you're not the actual account holder you can't make any changes to your mothers account, so sounds like your request hasn't been actioned.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Grayzgirl wrote:
So in a panic I called Sky and after a lot of frustration on my part, as I am not the person named on the bill but it is my email and mobile number that is registered to the account,  managed to get them to put Sky Talk Anytime Extra on the bill.

@Grayzgirl 

That is not something Sky would normally do. Did they talk to your Mum during the conversation? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Grayzgirl
Topic Author

The Sky Talk Anytime Extra is already on the bill, my mum is being charged for it. She has early stage dementia, hence why I set everything up. I knew I should have just used my name on the account even though it's at her address.

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Grayzgirl Are there any call on the bill that are over an hour long? if so that might explain the extra charges.

Grayzgirl
Topic Author

Nope, every call is only a few minutes.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Grayzgirl wrote:

Nope, every call is only a few minutes.

You're going to have to call Sky from your mothers house although a webchat or Whatsapp chat may be possible. Go through the contact us page to see your options, note that many are from 9am only.

'View all itemised calls' at https://www.sky.com/bill/tv-broadband-talk will show charges and numbers called. Are the charges from after you've added anytime calls?

It may be easier in future if you ask them to change the account to your name given your mothers condition, if not get them to add her to the vulnerable person list as they have a special team that supports customers that need extra care (I believe).

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/supporting-vulnerable-customers-policy

This message was authored by JEAN1234 This message was authored by: JEAN1234

I moved to Sky on the 10th September from Now which is a part of Sky to get faster broadband I also requested that I kept my Phone number and had anytime calls My Number got changed the broadband was no quicker. I check my account on the 14th september to find that I had a massive phone bill for calls, I had made a lot of calls to let my contact know that they had changed my number. On the 18th my phone got cut off from making any calls. I am still waiting to have the anytime calls add to my phone they say they have a problem with their system so cannot make any calls because I would be charged as pay as you go. I am totally fed up and would not advise any one to go to Sky. Their Service is terrible.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion