Discussion topic: Return of Sky Q box

This message was authored by George20 This message was authored by: George20

Return of Sky Q box

We have changed to Sky Stream and returned the Sky Q box and have a receipt of postage.  Of course they keep emailing and texting saying we haven't notwithstanding I rang and confirmed.  The mails and texts are stunningly unhelpful in that you can't respond, way to go Sky!!

Can someone escalate this or get it resolved because the numptys are threatening to deduct £125 from me in a couple of weeks time.  What a monumental waste of time.

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Return of Sky Q box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@George20 

This has been escalated to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this within the next 48 hours via a colourful chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. 

You may need to refresh your browser for the chat bubble to appear.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
"https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147"

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. Please note this isn't a live chat so replies may not be instant.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

George20
Topic Author

Thanks for that, if it is Co-Pilot they said they couldn't help and gave me a telephone number (waste of time) and an email address.  If the email address actually works I have sent them proof and hopefully that is an end to it but I won't hold by breath...

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @George20.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@George20 wrote:

Thanks for that, if it is Co-Pilot they said they couldn't help and gave me a telephone number (waste of time) and an email address.  If the email address actually works I have sent them proof and hopefully that is an end to it but I won't hold by breath...

Yeah Sky don't generally use email from correspondence, aside for some departments like the Complaints Process.

The Messaging Team will certainly be able to assist you with this, and get it all resolved.

Also as an FYI it is possible to contact the Sky Messaging via messaging them through the Sky Help X and Facebook accounts (along with via this forum), if you can't phone. It's worth noting that the Messaging Team can't help with all issues, but they will always tell you if they can't help and if you would need to phone to speak to the relevant team.

NOT a Sky Employee

George20
Topic Author

Well that was awaste of 38 mins of my life, why do big companies make things so stupidly complicated?

this problem must occur regularly, why don't they just have a link to an email/message board/something (run out of IT knowledge now) to upload the proof of postage???

All resolved but just sooooooooooo unecessary

@George20 wrote:

Well that was awaste of 38 mins of my life, why do big companies make things so stupidly complicated?

this problem must occur regularly, why don't they just have a link to an email/message board/something (run out of IT knowledge now) to upload the proof of postage???

All resolved but just sooooooooooo unecessary

In relality there should be no need to provide the proof of postage the problem is that Sky are still using what in my opinion is clearly a poor third party company to handle the returns process for them.

The reason for all these frequent problems is that the third party company aren't updating Sky when returns come in, in a timely manner. This is the reason the Sky system sends those chaser notifications and then subsequently automatically adds the late non-return fee.

You would think Sky would completely overhaul the process and partners they are using, particularly when a large percentage of the escalated posts to the messaging team on this forum tend to be related to this exact issue.

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion