Discussion topic: Re-contract

This message was authored by Simon101101 This message was authored by: Simon101101

Re-contract

So, have just re-contracted for 18 months.  £3 per month more than my current contract, no real issue with that as I understand that prices rise.  However, as a Blue Light Card holder via the NHS, the same service that I now have would have saved me almost £10 a month if I was a new customer.  Having been with sky for years, it is a shame that loyalty is not factored in to these offers and that it is costing me more to stay loyal to Sky compared with cancelling and starting again.  

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Re-contract

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Simon101101 

New customer prices in comparison to those customers of a greater tenure is often discussed on here. Unfortunately most companies offer deals to new prospective customers to get them through the door. You probably benefited yourself when you first signed up and will be still benefiting now under the Blue Light scheme.

Note: if you cancelled you wouldn't be able to rejoin as a new customer until you'd be away for 12+ months. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by justmeee This message was authored by: justmeee

I called sky and they advised me that this has now changed. You are not classes as a new customer until after 18 months. What a joke! So, if you call up after 17 months, you will still be charged the same price as a 'existing' customer! 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@justmeee wrote:

I called sky and they advised me that this has now changed. You are not classes as a new customer until after 18 months. What a joke! So, if you call up after 17 months, you will still be charged the same price as a 'existing' customer! 

Doesn't surprise me as 18 months is a standard contract length now, so if you left Sky for another provided I would expect that contract to be at least 18 months so it makes sense to me why Sky treat only people who have been gone at least 18 months as new customers

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion