Discussion topic: Price gone up after only been on sky 2 months

This message was authored by Kstaniforth This message was authored by: Kstaniforth

Price gone up after only been on sky 2 months

I joined sky in March as I signed up to a £30 a month contract, it's gone to £60 for no reason and I can't to leave sky if it's not changed back and refunded 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Price gone up after only been on sky 2 months

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kstaniforth wrote:

I joined sky in March 

@Kstaniforth 
Your first couple of bills are usually higher, basically due to the dates they cover (over the usual 28 days). In effect you’ll be charged from the date of the activation up until the end of that billed month, and for the next month in advance. Check out your future bills to see if they reflect the amount you were expecting. Also see these links
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/understanding-my-bills
and
https://www.sky.com/manage/bill/future

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Kstaniforth
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kstaniforth This message was authored by: Kstaniforth

So why is my next bill £30 (what it should be and what I signed up for) and the ones after £34?? I didn't sign up to £34 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

The £34 ones at this stage are an estimate as they could change before they are created so keep an eye on it and if you get to them being wrong 3 weeks before that one is due to be paid then you will need to call Sky about it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Kstaniforth wrote:

So why is my next bill £30 (what it should be and what I signed up for) and the ones after £34?? I didn't sign up to £34 

The prices increased in April.  Sky's contract (as per most other telecoms firms) is not fixed.

You have an agreed discount relative to list price.  (And the list price increased)

The one-off higher charge is due to in advance charging (a period greater than one month).  It's all detailed in the contract you read and agreed to.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion