Discussion topic: Netflix discontinued basic plan

This message was authored by rosie2022 This message was authored by: rosie2022

Netflix discontinued basic plan

so i have the netflix basic plan @ £7.99/month which has been discontinued however am able to keep as an existing customer and if i change my plan i will not be able to switch back to basic.

I have arranged sky glass which includes the standard with adverts(£4.99).

so what happens if i merge the current netflix account?

do i pay an extra £3/month and keep my basic plan?

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Netflix discontinued basic plan

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

No the basic plan no longer exists. Back int he summer Netflix got rid of the basic plan but allowed some of their third party resellers to continue providing them. This is no longer the case so whenever changes are made to your account Sky will switch you over to either standard with ads, standard without ads or premium depending on what tier you select. 

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

rosie2022
Topic Author
This message was authored by rosie2022 This message was authored by: rosie2022

Hi

Yes your correct the basic plan does not exist for new customers however when the change was made in the summer those customers at netflix who were on that plan were able to keep it and i currently pay £7.99/month for that plan. it states if i move to a different plan i will not be able to go back to the basic plan hence my question does merging my account to the one included with sky mean i have moved away from that plan.

Yes i know i can upgrade from standard with ads to the standard or premium however as i was allowed to keep the basic does signing into to netflix with sky with my current credentials invalidate the agreement to keep the basic plan

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yes any changes to your Sky account will move you away from the old Netflix plans to the new ones. All existing customers will get affected at their next contract renewal point by default.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion