Discussion topic: Moving house

This message was authored by A9J9 This message was authored by: A9J9

Moving house

I have finished my 18 months contract with SKY a while ago, so I am not tied into anything currently.

We will be moving house and want to upgrade our broadband. Having spoken to Sky, this apparently can't be done at the same time.

They state that I need to sort the home move first and once that is complete. I can upgrade my package at a later date.

The question I am struggling to find an answer to is; if I do the home move, would that tie me into another / new 18 month contract automatically or not?

I don't want Sky to trick me into some kind of early repayment.

Many thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Moving house

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@A9J9 wrote:

The question I am struggling to find an answer to is; if I do the home move, would that tie me into another / new 18 month contract automatically or not?

Typically yes, but the 'upgrade' would do that as well.  As long as Sky remains your ISP you don't spend 18 months on the previous service before upgrading: that's accomodated by the process.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
A9J9
Topic Author
This message was authored by A9J9 This message was authored by: A9J9

I'm happy to have another 18 month contract with the upgrade. 

I just didn't want them to auto renew it when I move and then ask for an early repayment when I try to upgrade in a few weeks.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@A9J9 wrote:

then ask for an early repayment when I try to upgrade in a few weeks.

If you're upgrading with the same ISP that doesn't happen: they just reset the minimum contract period to start again on the day the faster technology becomes active.

It's only if you get the new connection from a different ISP that early exit penalties become a factor.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion