Discussion topic: Missed Engineer appointment/Hospital!!

This message was authored by Nash1 This message was authored by: Nash1

Missed Engineer appointment/Hospital!!

Please read:-

Most of us have been 'educated' at some time or another about how much the 'one' way missed appointments cost companies. However when do we lose humanity over business?

I am 100% guilty of a missed appointment on 29th December 2023, despite informing the Sky Engineer via the Live Ring app my wife's Consultant/Doctors had suddenly called all loved one's in to Hospital for the final goodbye, bless him he said he was sorry to hear this. Unfortunately the infamous line of Sky communication broke down again and we were still charged.

Fast forward to 21 Jan 2024 and just got off the telephone with the second Sky *Customer Service Advisor* today, I expected this would be rectified one way or another and if it could not be I was prepared to send in a copy of the Death Certificate - before anyone jumps to conclusions I dont give a toss about the £25 Sky charge, however I do care about how LOW companies will go.....

First Sky advisor struggled with the entire concept of what I was telling her,  partly due to the language barrier,  I was placed on hold for 2 - 3 minutes whilst she spoke to her supervisor, we all know the routine by now.
When their chat ended I still owed £25 for a missed Engineer appointment, but she would be happy to put me through to the 'correct' department, guess what? I was simply put back through to another of her unsuspecting colleagues.

I explained the sad state of affairs with Sky advisor number two, I have no way of knowing how much she understood, what I did learn is  there is no facility to speak to anyone in the UK!!! Oh and she would like me to evaluate her performance after the call had ended.

Sky, on my behalf,  made another appointment, I hasten to add this was not my idea. I felt sorry for the Engineer walking into a grieving father and son sat around bunches of flowers and an abundance of Sympathy cards

Good news, apparantly my 19 years with sky makes me a Diamond customer. Believe me when I say, good luck to anyone that has to deal with these 'people'.  
Thank you for patience

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Missed Engineer appointment/Hospital!!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As with many companies, I suspect the front line advisers have little discretion in matters which are not routine. I would suggest raising a formal complaint which is more likely to reach the eyes and ears of  a Sky official with more authority.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion