Discussion topic: If in behind with sky . Can you get get your broadband reinstated if you pay the broadband only

This message was authored by jayne021128 This message was authored by: jayne021128

If in behind with sky . Can you get get your broadband reinstated if you pay the broadband only

Hi I had difficulties paying my bill ( as I am sure have others ) . 
Now got to the stage where I owe 202 and need reinstating . 

Is it possible to just pay the back dated broadband now . To enable me to have access internet. Then pay the sky bill in 2 weeks. 
Every time I try to ring I get an automated voice saying I can't talk to an agent unless I pay in full. I have got to have cash to put in my gas prepayment meter . 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

Thank you 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: If in behind with sky . Can you get get your broadband reinstated if you pay the broadband only

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jayne021128 

They are the same account so has to be paid together. Before Sky reinstate your services you will have to pay what you owe and also set up a new continuous payment method. If your payment is two or more weeks overdue you will also have to pay the next bill as well. Be aware that if you allow your arrears to remain for 56 days Sky may terminate your account.

[Depending on your previous payment history you may be able to pay all but £25 which will then be added to your next bill, although this does NOT apply for a Sky Mobile restriction].

If you can’t pay all now you can pay what you want, when you want, but until the bill is paid off in full Sky will not reinstate your services. Sky don't allow payment plans on overdue live accounts, nor will they consider promises to pay.

Once your payment has cleared and is in Sky’s account your services should be reinstated, but be aware this may not be instant especially at a weekend when the banks are closed and it may take longer over Christmas/New Year.

Also, any attempt to call Sky will result in you being prompted to pay first.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: If in behind with sky . Can you get get your broadband reinstated if you pay the broadband only

@jayne021128 

They are the same account so has to be paid together. Before Sky reinstate your services you will have to pay what you owe and also set up a new continuous payment method. If your payment is two or more weeks overdue you will also have to pay the next bill as well. Be aware that if you allow your arrears to remain for 56 days Sky may terminate your account.

[Depending on your previous payment history you may be able to pay all but £25 which will then be added to your next bill, although this does NOT apply for a Sky Mobile restriction].

If you can’t pay all now you can pay what you want, when you want, but until the bill is paid off in full Sky will not reinstate your services. Sky don't allow payment plans on overdue live accounts, nor will they consider promises to pay.

Once your payment has cleared and is in Sky’s account your services should be reinstated, but be aware this may not be instant especially at a weekend when the banks are closed and it may take longer over Christmas/New Year.

Also, any attempt to call Sky will result in you being prompted to pay first.

Sky customer since 2001
jayne021128
Topic Author
This message was authored by jayne021128 This message was authored by: jayne021128

@Daniel0210  
Thanks for answering.  I have just been getting the automated voice asking for me to pay in full . 
I didn't realise they would cut your services so quickly. 

Just have to do without till after Christmas. 
Thanks again 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@jayne021128 

If you normally pay by a continuous payment method like a direct debit, and it failed due to insufficient funds, Sky have already allowed you an extra 10 days. They then try again and if that fails your TV, followed a few days later by your Broadband is restricted. If you pay by other means the restrictions come much faster. 

edit: owing Sky over £200 suggests more than one month in arrears. 

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion