Discussion topic: How to cancel broadband instalation/contract

This message was authored by Victoria35 This message was authored by: Victoria35

How to cancel broadband instalation/contract

Hi,

How can I cancel Sky broadband? It's been 5 weeks since I've ment to get broadband installed. (First date was 6 march)

Since then, 3 engineer appointment was either cancel or no show.

Engineer ment to come out today, but I've got txt to call and reschedule. I've called, and was told to wait till 5pm and then call if they don't show up.

I want to cancel the whole thing and just go to different provider.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: How to cancel broadband instalation/contract

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Victoria35 

You will have to call Sky to cancel the installation. It can't be done online. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Victoria35 note that if you move to another provider, you'll be starting again, and if it's a provider that relies upon the Openreach network (not Virgin, for example), you'll have the same problem.

Victoria35
Topic Author
This message was authored by Victoria35 This message was authored by: Victoria35

I was with virgin and will be going back to them. 

I am sick of sky promises and nothing afterward.

have broadband still sealed in a delivery box for 5 weeks with no broadband at home.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Victoria35 wrote:

I was with virgin and will be going back to them. 

I am sick of sky promises and nothing afterward.

have broadband still sealed in a delivery box for 5 weeks with no broadband at home.

FYI it won't be Sky at fault with the broadband installation if you are requiring an engineer visit. It will be OpenReach, as they would be providing the engineer to get your property connected to the OpenReach network to provide the service.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Victoria35
Topic Author

Yes I am aware of that, as I was with contact with sky customer support multiple times. I am getting no resolution or any information about what's happening. 

I do understand that Sky is contracting engeniers from other parties, but it is not my responsibility to chase them. 

Sky did nothing to resolve the situation or give me any updates on what happened 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Victoria35 wrote:

Yes I am aware of that, as I was with contact with sky customer support multiple times. I am getting no resolution or any information about what's happening. 

I do understand that Sky is contracting engeniers from other parties, but it is not my responsibility to chase them. 

Sky did nothing to resolve the situation or give me any updates on what happened 

Agreed, but i believe OpenReach have 48 hours after a visit or failed/cancelled visit to then provide an update to Sky, which in turn would subsequently lead to a delay in Sky being able to provide you with updates.

Unfortunately this process and the rules in place for Openreach around timelines means that this type of scenario is fairly common where an Openreach visit is required.

Once thing to note is that is your provisioning of broadband is delayed you will be automatically provided with compensation once you are connected (https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation)

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Sky can only pass on what Openreach have told them, and from previous posts, that tends to be sketchy - often ranging from 'we've found the fault and are investigating' to 'we've fixed it' with no interim updates. Sky's interface with Openreach is, I believe, system automated with limited, if any opportunity for Sky to chase up what's happening, hence there's sometimes something of a black hole.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion