Discussion topic: Help with billing

This message was authored by Wainy1878 This message was authored by: Wainy1878

Help with billing

Hi,

I have been a sky customer for over 9 years but this is my first post so bare with me.

My wife had a stroke in january and has been left unable to work, I have since had to stop working (temporarily i hope) but, since we are living off one persons sick pay, i am unable to pay my bill for this month. I have rang the helpline but they are not really helpful, i asked could i just pay my BB bill but was told this was not possible. Ive never been in tjis situation in my life with money and was hoping somone could point me in the right direction of a department who can help? Obviously id like the bill to be paid but find it really strange i cant at least pay the broadband to keep that on. Sky advised me to let the services become restricted for 15 days before they can assist me? Surey this cant be their policy.

Any help or advice would be great. 

thank you

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Help with billing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Wainy1878  What you've been advised is correct, if you have Sky Q & Broadband they are both billed under the one account and you can't pay part of it, well you could, however it wouldn't stop services being restricted until full payment is received.

See this guide Billing and debt management | Sky Help | Sky.com | Sky Help | Sky.com

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@Wainy1878  What you've been advised is correct, if you have Sky Q & Broadband they are both billed under the one account and you can't pay part of it, well you could, however it wouldn't stop services being restricted until full payment is received.

See this guide Billing and debt management | Sky Help | Sky.com | Sky Help | Sky.com

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Wainy1878
Topic Author
This message was authored by Wainy1878 This message was authored by: Wainy1878

Thanks for your help mate. Yeah they said as it's all one package I am unable to pay just the BB. Just struck me as unusual for a company to turn down an offer of payment (I'm aware it's not all the bill). Really disappointed that there is no help for people in one off situations.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Wainy1878 wrote:

Sky advised me to let the services become restricted for 15 days before they can assist me? Surey this cant be their policy.

@Wainy1878 

Not sure what they meant by telling you that. Once your services are restricted Sky won't talk to you until you pay what you owe, in full and set up a new continuous payment method. If your payment is two or more weeks overdue you will have to pay the next bill as well. 

If you can’t pay what you owe in one go you can pay what you want, but until the bill is fully paid Sky will not reinstate your services. Sky don't allow payment plans on overdue live accounts, nor will they consider promises to pay on or by a certain date.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion