Discussion topic: False information on sale of sky

This message was authored by Skylmissue This message was authored by: Skylmissue

False information on sale of sky

When I signed up to sky I told the sales representative that I was in a contract with talk talk and he assured me that you would contact them to clear the account to start up with you. This has not happened and now defaulted affecting my credit score and increasing debt to them.. they advised that they have not been advised of the account closure so the sales rep in Bury millgate centre misadvised me and left me in default by false information to convince me to switch. I am extremely unhappy with this service and it has left me in financial difficulty and false advertising on sky's behalf. I wish for this to be rectified as it is illegal to mislead someone to convince me to switch supplier on the assurance talk talk would be notified and account cleared..i would not have agreed if I knew this was not the case.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: False information on sale of sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Skylmissue 

As we are customers here all you can do is to put in a complaint by filling in the form on this page:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

Sky would tell Talk Talk you are leaving when transferring over your Talk and Broadband they are not responsible for anything to do with your account with them as that is your responsibility.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Skylmissue when you sign up with Sky broadband, Sky do indeed contact Talk Talk to let them know you're switching and to cancel your service.

Sky can't, however, settle your bill with Talk Talk - that's for you to do. Sky don't know what you owe and Talk Talk can't tell them, for privacy reasons.

If you believe you were given the wrong information, do raise a complaint. However I suspect it will end up as your word against the store adviser's, unfortunately. 

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

As noted above - you must settle any debts (including any early termination charges) with TalkTalk and provide evidence to Sky for which they then credit your Sky account.

The switch credit is quite specific: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/switching-credit-offer

Sky can usually perform a 'line-takeover' which notifies TT of your intentions but it doesn't change the billing contract you have with TT.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
Skylmissue
Topic Author
This message was authored by Skylmissue This message was authored by: Skylmissue

Yes but that was not told to me at the time of sale they said they deal with it all to save the hassle. If I had been told what you are saying I would have done that wouldn't l. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Skylmissue 

As already advised put in a complaint but as this was a verbal exchange between you and a rep in a shopping centre it will be your word against his/hers. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion