Discussion topic: Debt adjustment

This message was authored by Hpsky This message was authored by: Hpsky

Debt adjustment

After such horrendous customer service, multiple calls and online virtual chats, I am shocked and utterly upset to see on my account today showing January's bill coming in at over £220! 

At the end of October my sky package was ridiculous cost but up for new contract options. I was offered new contract t at £48 which was still expensive but I agreed. I then was able to go to a new provider for a much better deal and it was within 12 days and within 30 day cut off limit with sky. 

Sky stopped all access and contract etc on 15th November when new provider took over. SKY hub was returned. 

I then recieve a bill for December of £7.50 and was refunded outstanding. Now sky are saying it was cancelled and after 4 attempts and being cut off I was finally able to reach out to someone amd they said I still had tv essentials on sky - they can say that bit I have had no access or use of sky at all since 15th November. They now want to charge me £15 roughly a month for this even though i don't have or use it?! 

Argued to cancel and given the 31 days notice but they want to still charge for December and January. I said absolutely NOT as they cut everything off in November. 

After an hour back and forth, they agreed immediate cancellation and just the bill of £7.50 to pay. 

When checked old sky account today they have put over £220 charge on January's bill?? 

How the hell do they do this or think ots acceptable? 

I am utterly heartbroken  and shocked. 

Nothing was outstanding, I have been a customer for 9 years and never questioned all their charges and stupidly expensive costs rising each year and now they ha e done this very cheekily and quietly. 

There was NO mention of charges  in our interaction and i have multiple downloaded copies of online interaction (messages) and of account and phone calls and not one explains charges. 

Can anyone help or advice? 

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Debt adjustment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Hpsky i would recommend raising an official complaint with Sky. To be honest you wouldn't be the first person to post on this forum that you told the customer services you were cancelling and they basically didn't action it either at all or correctly.

Sky have access to all the call recordings that their customer services agents take so they will be able to listen back to what was said and agreed and will likely get this situation resolved for you. 

The details on how to make a complaint can be found here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Debt adjustment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hpsky what does your bill show the charge to be for?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion