Discussion topic: Cancelling my sky

This message was authored by angela2509 This message was authored by: angela2509

Cancelling my sky

Hi 

Who do I complain to because the service I have received from Sky customer service has been useless!

I have been with Sky for over 15 years, but my bills have increased too much, so I decided to go with Virgin. I checked on the My Sky App and it showed my contracts were coming to an end, so I decided to cancel my Sky.

I rang Sky on the 14th April to confirm I was leaving on the 30th June, I was told there would be one bill of £119, one of £69 and the around a fiver. Not once did he mention I was still in contract for my broadband.

At the end of April I rechecked the app my bills were not what he quoted. Rang Sky and was advised not to worry as this would change when the contract ends.

At the weekend I had email to say that due to ending my broadband contract early I was expected to pay a payment of over £250. Rang Sky and finally got to speak to someone who said they would right this off.

Checked the app again it's now showing bills of £69 for June, July and August.

How do I get this sorted ? 
I am really not happy, it just seems that every time I speak to someone I think it's sorted and it's not. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Cancelling my sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you actually given any sort of notice to cancel your broadband as 14 days notice is required. If you have then the billing will continue as normal until you have left as it doesn't stop when you do give the required notice.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Cancelling my sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you actually given any sort of notice to cancel your broadband as 14 days notice is required. If you have then the billing will continue as normal until you have left as it doesn't stop when you do give the required notice.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion