Discussion topic: Call center person put the phone down ver rude

This message was authored by Cazzaa This message was authored by: Cazzaa

Call center person put the phone down ver rude

absolutely  disgraceful  service call centre  staff put the phone down on me another  complaint  going in to head office  still not resolved  my last issue  being going on nearly  2 month now 

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Call center person put the phone down ver rude

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cazzaa  We are all customers here, we are not Sky staff as clearly shown within our posts.

You need to log a formal complaint  with Sky first before rushing off to the Ombudsman who will tell you to complain to Sky 1st, then they have 8 weeks to resolve the complaint, then & only then after a deadlock can you go to the Ombudsman.  https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-customer-complaints-code-of-practice/

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Cazzaa 

As customers like you we don't know any background to the issue or your call. I don't know how heated the conversation got but I believe agents are instructed to hang up should the caller become abusive during a call. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

You are only telling other customers on here but I generally find the agents are fine if you are fine with them...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Cazzaa
Topic Author

I was not abusive or was rude trying  to sort my complaint  out so no the facts before  replying  to a message  ombudsman  will be getting  my complaint  your staff need to listen instead  of talking over a customer  because  that is rude and bad manners 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@Cazzaa  We are all customers here, we are not Sky staff as clearly shown within our posts.

You need to log a formal complaint  with Sky first before rushing off to the Ombudsman who will tell you to complain to Sky 1st, then they have 8 weeks to resolve the complaint, then & only then after a deadlock can you go to the Ombudsman.  https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-customer-complaints-code-of-practice/

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Cazzaa
Topic Author

I have already  complained to sky 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Cazzaa 

Then you need to wait the 8 weeks to see if it's resolved. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Cazzaa wrote:

ombudsman  will be getting  my complaint 

There is no relevant 'ombudsman', and Ofcom is a regulator, not an arbiter.

The Sky complaints process escalates to an appointed ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) service, but only at deadlock or after eight weeks.

If your complaint relates to Sky Broadband, Sky Talk, Sky TV, Sky Mobile or our complaints handling process, and we haven’t resolved your complaint to your satisfaction within eight weeks of you first making your complaint to Sky, or if you’ve received a notification from us saying that your complaint has reached "deadlock" with nothing more we can do, you have the right to take your complaint to the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS), an independent alternative dispute resolution scheme who will review your complaint. If it decides that your complaint is justified, Sky will act on any decision made and put things right for you.

If your complaint remains unresolved after eight weeks, we’ll send you a written reminder of your right to go to CISAS. We’ll also send you a deadlock notification on your request, unless there are further steps we can take to resolve your complaint in a timely manner. We won’t send you a reminder or issue you with a deadlock notification if your complaint is vexatious or outside the jurisdiction of the scheme.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Cazzaa
Topic Author

It's over 8 weeks when I complained you will soon ring when I cancell My direct  debit might get some answers  then 

@Cazzaa 

You don't seem to be fully reading the replies namely you aren’t talking to Sky Customer Services here. This is a customer based forum where we try to help other customers.

A lot of frustrated customers think the answer is to cancel their direct debit. That will cause you massive problems, firstly that Sky won't talk to you. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Cazzaa wrote:

It's over 8 weeks when I complained you will soon ring when I cancell My direct  debit might get some answers  then 

Seriously all cancelling your direct debit is going to do is cause more issues and cause a larger debt to be incurred to Sky, which subsequently will get the debt collectors invovled and negatively affect your credit rating.

At the end of the day, if you are proved right and correct Sky will have no issues refunding any potentially monies owed but you need to let the process play out.

When you raised the complaint did you do it via the methods/channels listed here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

I think we can see why the agent may have hung up, the OP clearly takes no notice at all of what's being said.

I'm sure that if it's been more than 8 weeks since a valid complaint was made and no resolution was in sight Sky would have directed the OP to the alternative dispute resolution service(CISAS for Sky TV, broadband, talk and mobile or the financial ombudsman for credit disputes).

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by Sheamus86 This message was authored by: Sheamus86

They are horrible the staff at sky not one of them likes to help very argumentive especially who is suppose to be an executive support advisor he is the rudest person I have ever come across in all the years dealing with tv providers. After telling him I had bi polar he then proceeded to talk down to me telling me that the chat was boring to him and did not resolve anything. They do not know how to handle customer request respectfully. 

@Sheamus86 

There is no excuse for rudeness but moving forward it could be worth considering registering with the Sky Accessibility Team who may be able to help now or in the future. Once registered there are also different methods of communication with this team other than phoning
https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/

(Some customers may also benefit from reading this link)
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/third-party-assistance

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Whatever125 This message was authored by: Whatever125

Incompetence is Sky customer service middle name.

There is no point in complaining, they honestly do not care. No point in going to the ombudsman because they appear to never do anything and seem to pretty much side with the company the complaint is against.

They will get their comeuppance one day.

Changed all my services to VOIP over superfast Virgin Media, which is going to give me 362mbps for £29.99 a month. So tata Dino Sky.  No more of their throttling the network, no more horrific customer service, no more ignorance and arrogance, and most importantly,  YOU SKY, no longer get a single penny from me.

Result. The way to beat the horrific Sky company in general, is to simply change provider and run your home line over VOIP.

Good luck.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion