Discussion topic: Bill payment

This message was authored by Parvykaur1998 This message was authored by: Parvykaur1998

Bill payment

Hi I made a payment on my sky app for this months bill why has this payment not been updated as the money has been taken from my bank?

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Bill payment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Parvykaur1998 when did you make the payment? It can take a payment several hours to leave your account and then clear into the target's (Sky's) bank account.

Was this a manual payment? If so do you have a continuous payment method Direct Debit or Debit Card setup on your account?

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Parvykaur1998
Topic Author
This message was authored by Parvykaur1998 This message was authored by: Parvykaur1998

I made the payment on 10th January 

I had to cancel the direct debit because you would have charged me double as I already paid on the app and wanted to set up a new direct debit once you'd cleared my balance 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Parvykaur1998 

Not sure why you made a manual payment in the first place. If you have a continuous payment method set up you should never need to make a manual payment. I would recommend not making manual payments unless requested to by Sky.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Parvykaur1998
Topic Author

Because I did not have enough money on the day of my direct debit once I had the money I thought there is no problem making a manual payment on the app, please advise what to do because I can't pay £64.50 again please can you clear the balance and I will reset my direct debit 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Parvykaur1998 we aren't Sky customer services here, this is a public forum of other Sky customers so all we can do is offer advice.

Its very possible that based on when your billing date was, and when you cancelled the direct debit, your manual payment has gone towards next month's bill rather than what you owe.

If your Sky account is still showing the current bill as unpaid that sounds plausible as to what might have happened.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Parvykaur1998 wrote:
please can you clear the balance and I will reset my direct debit 

@Parvykaur1998 

We can't. You aren’t talking to Sky Customer Services here. This is a customer based forum where we try to help other customers.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Parvykaur1998 wrote:

Because I did not have enough money on the day of my direct debit once I had the money...

You didn't need to do that. If the payment fails first time, Sky will try again 10 days later. It's unwise to make manual payments unless Sky ask you to.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion