Discussion topic: Abysmal service

This message was authored by Maxandshadow This message was authored by: Maxandshadow

Abysmal service

On the 6th April 2024, I had an email to say that my contract was almost up and showing me my options to continue.  I tried to accept the offer online, but just kept getting a ‘Technical Error’.  I then tried to accept the offer through Messages and Chloe couldn’t access the account, nor put me through to someone who could.  I sent her copies of the error messages and she said that she would report it.  As at 11.00am 19 April, the problem is still there.

In desperation, I rang the '41' Sky number and was put through, presumably, to India.  The first time, the call handler was too difficult to understand.  She put me on hold and then disappeared.  Six minutes later I tried again, and ended up with an Indian man who spoke far too quick and it was difficult to understand.  What made it worse was that he couldn’t understand me properly - I just wanted to accept the offer - what is so difficult about that? 

In the end, he told me that my contract was already until May 2025 (why the email in the first place then?).

This has been such a difficult, complicated and frustrating experience.  Had the Sky website problem been sorted when I reported it, presumably it could have all been done online.

From start to finish, the service has been abysmal, and when I ring for help, I expect to talk to someone who can understand me properly, and who I can understand.

At the start of the phone calls, I was told that I would be asked for feedback.  I wonder why I wasn’t!

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 17.59.39.pngSky Technical error.png

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Abysmal service

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can register a complaint by filling in the blind form here as I believe somebody should then contact you:

https://www.sky.com/help/complaints

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Maxandshadow 

Perhaps note that you are paying extra for both 'Evenings & Weekends' and 'Broadband Boost' so it's worth considering if those are providing value for money.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Roger17 This message was authored by: Roger17

That price seems excessive, before you agree I would go on one of the comaprison sites were you can put in all your requirements, and I would not be suprised if you cannot get it for half that price. We have 500mb Fibre, with no phone and only pay £27 on a  2 year deal with not incontract price increases.

Maxandshadow
Topic Author
This message was authored by Maxandshadow This message was authored by: Maxandshadow

The problem is Roger, that we live in an area of Devon where despite paying for Sky Broadband Superfast, the infrastructure isn't there and so the max we can get is 38Mbs.  Faster speed companies are only reaching the town about 2 miles away and none of them are any better than what we have.  I do appreciate the replies though.  I would love to change as soon as the lines are laid.

What annoyed me as much as anything, was them telling me to do it online, when there is a problem.  I had already reported that and nothing was ever done.  As for having to go through India, that drove me mad as I couldn't understand them.  I did ask to speak to someone who spoke English as a first language but wasn't given the option.  I can imagine that paying for a call centre in the UK would mean even greater costs.

This message was authored by Roger17 This message was authored by: Roger17

No problem, we have only recently had fibre run into the road as we live in a rural area. With regards the call centre in India, I phoned recently about stream (thats another story) got through to India and asked to speak to somebody in the UK and to be fair they did transfer me, although that servic ewas no better. I have been with sky 25 years and recently thier service at the call centres has been next to useless, bar the odd one or two you may get through to.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion