Discussion topic: Yesterday my bbc regional news programme changed from south east news to London south east

This message was authored by nicholas+Claridge This message was authored by: nicholas+Claridge

Yesterday my bbc regional news programme changed from south east news to London south east

My bbc regional news programme changed yesterday from our local news south east to London south. I don't want that one. The tv guide still says bbc news south east but getting London. Why is this 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Yesterday my bbc regional news programme changed from south east news to London south east

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@nicholas+Claridge 

There was industrial action yesterday at some local BBC studios so an alternative was provided. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Yesterday my bbc regional news programme changed from south east news to London south east

@nicholas+Claridge 

There was industrial action yesterday at some local BBC studios so an alternative was provided. 

Sky customer since 2001
nicholas+Claridge
Topic Author
This message was authored by nicholas+Claridge This message was authored by: nicholas+Claridge

Well it's the same today so when will it change back 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@nicholas+Claridge 

No idea. We are just customers like you. I suggest you contact the Beeb and ask them.

edit: I've found this

https://www.nuj.org.uk/resource/nuj-strikes-take-bbc-radio-and-tv-off-air.html  

Sky customer since 2001
nicholas+Claridge
Topic Author

Thank you for your help 

This message was authored by Barbee1959 This message was authored by: Barbee1959

Local bbc news

Does anyone know why I have gone from getting local bbc news kent to getting london and south east and it is nearly all london

This message was authored by cuke This message was authored by: cuke

As the text within the link states, it's a 48 hour strike...

nicholas+Claridge
Topic Author

Thank you for reply 

This message was authored by Annlisa This message was authored by: Annlisa

Have lost our regional BBC west midlands station overnight, now getting London

Lost our regional BBC west midlands station overnight, now getting London 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Local bbc news

@Barbee1959 and @Annlisa 

I've moved your posts into a thread discussing this. Please see the reason marked as the answer. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Have lost our regional BBC west midlands station overnight, now getting London

@Annlisa  This is due to a 48 hour strike as per this article  https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/more-strike-action-to-affect-bbc-regional-and-local-services/

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by ains This message was authored by: ains

BBC 1 northwest hd showing wrong regional programmes

For the last two nights my BBC1 Northwest HD channel has shown London in the regional programmes slots. Anyone else seeing this?

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: BBC 1 northwest hd showing wrong regional programmes

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion