Discussion topic: VAR should make a decision on what they see. The referee should not go to the monitor.

This message was authored by CliveG14 This message was authored by: CliveG14

VAR should make a decision on what they see. The referee should not go to the monitor.

The referee has made his on field decision, If the VAR  cannot say change your mind because of whatever., then the on field decision stands. You cannot say to the referee "you might want to change your mind" Because if VAR can't make a decision, then it's not a clear and obvious error. VAR are saying we don't know, you decide. But he has already decided, when he blew his whistle

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: VAR should make a decision on what they see. The referee should not go to the monitor.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I have no idea why you posted this in the Sky Talk landline forum where people posts about issues with their phone service or even what this has to do with Sky but I have moved it for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: VAR should make a decision on what they see. The referee should not go to the monitor.

@CliveG14  Your pst has been moved from the Talk forum as this is for Sky Talk landline issues and not a route to talk to Sky.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@CliveG14 

A lot has been said recently about VAR, mostly criticism but it has nothing to do with Sky at all.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Wait a minute, sky show the football so surely VAR is ALL THEIR FAULT right? 😂😂😂

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@CliveG14 Football's governing body has decided that the on field ref has to make the final decision (unless it's a factual call such as offside). VARs job is to alert the referee if they think he got it wrong. The referee can then have a look on the screen and decide for himself whether he got it right or wrong. It's still his call. So, VAR is working exactly as intended.

(Doesn't mean it's good for the game though) 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion