Discussion topic: Town called Malice

This message was authored by andyspot This message was authored by: andyspot

Town called Malice

I would just like to say, I thought this series was absolutely fantastic, funny great music I cannot wait for series 2 PLEASE PLEASE ! Thankyou Sky

All Replies

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Re: Town called Malice

I see it was cancelled before production on season 2 was to begin

This message was authored by redsky88 This message was authored by: redsky88

I was looking forward to this but the trailers left me cold. 

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Timelord2018 wrote:

I see it was cancelled before production on season 2 was to begin

A wise decision. I thought series 1 was awful. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

EXCLUSIVE: The sun is setting on Sky’s Spanish crime drama A Town Called Malice  after just one season.

Sky has this week informed producers Vertigo Films  and Rogue State of its decision to cancel the show, which has come as a surprise to some given preparations were underway for Season 2.

Sky backed A Town Called Malice with its full marketing heft and the series was a key part of its 2023 originals slate, but the show has not performed as hoped.

The drama’s ratings were lower than expected and Sky insiders are blaming the competitive environment for scripted content.

Deadline understands that there were high hopes that A Town Called Malice would return before Season 1 had even dropped, with plans to film Season 2 penciled in for this spring.

Sky said: “A Town Called Malice is a riotous, neon-soaked love letter to the 80s and we are enormously proud of the series. Though we won’t be returning to the Costa del Crime, we would like to thank Nick Love, the cast, and the team at Vertigo Films for their hard work and creative vision.”

https://deadline.com/2023/04/a-town-called-malice-canceled-sky-1235340656/ 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion