Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This message was authored by Ana17 This message was authored by: Ana17

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

It's also a problem with the atp, there are matches at the same time and you can only watch one if you're lucky, i am missing amazon prime already! 

This message was authored by RichAA1 This message was authored by: RichAA1

@Ana17 

You can still legitimately subscribe to Tennis tv which is the ATP Tour streaming service,  I think that has on demand and catch up. Check it out 

I have a subscription with tennis tv , it's great but they have big problems and their customer service is a disaster 

This message was authored by RichAA1 This message was authored by: RichAA1

@Ana17 ok, I don't subscribe to Tennis TV myself. I've thought about it now we can see how dire the offering is from SKY. Someone else on this thread said they have purchased it and said it was ok. I don't know what the issues are myself. 

This message was authored by tiddsa9 This message was authored by: tiddsa9

Sad to see that Sky has the rights to tennis coverage now, no multiscreen option, no full match highlights, it's a shame Amazon didn't bid as their coverage of all the tournaments was stellar. Does anyone know of any other options for watching tennis coverage? I'd like to watch a match I'm wanting to see not what is chosen by sky.

Only if you spend a lot of money for subscriptions  or a vpn

This message was authored by WilliamBoyd This message was authored by: WilliamBoyd

Looks as if they're going to cover both the Gauff and Radacanu matches tonight. Good news,

This message was authored by WilliamBoyd This message was authored by: WilliamBoyd

I'm watching WTA Aukland on SkySpME UHD and ATP Brisbane on SkySpMix HD at 02:00. This is a sensible use of Sky channels and if continued would go a long way to satisfy my concerns. But the WTA feed on SkySpME UHD is certainly not UHD and I'm pretty sure it's not even HD. Ages since I last watched fuzzy TV. Anyone knowlegeable able to comment?

On Prime you didn't get UHD, but I could watch Prime on a Samsung TV app and the picture quality was a marked improvement of that on the web or broadcast TV. Same is true of BBC iPlayer and of course some of its coverage is UHD these days, including Centre Court at Wimbledon 2023.

This message was authored by smstyles This message was authored by: smstyles

Well that's progress, I didn't realise they were splitting between the channels. I watched the Alabama game on the Main Event feed and turned to the other channel as soon as we lost. I didn't check and just assumed they would show the same feed again. I've now switched and the feed is pretty bad- I don't think they can do anything about the quality of the world feed but I assume it isn't UHD. 

This message was authored by andredocklands This message was authored by: andredocklands

I can watch Răducanu match on ME even if I don't have a subscription to Sky Sports (just normal subscription to Sky TV). I'm not sure why is that. It is even a promotion for New Year or they just thought to make Emma's match available to larger UK public. I cannot watch any of the other Sky sports premium channels.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@andredocklands wrote:

I can watch Răducanu match on ME even if I don't have a subscription to Sky Sports (just normal subscription to Sky TV). I'm not sure why is that. It is even a promotion for New Year or they just thought to make Emma's match available to larger UK public. I cannot watch any of the other Sky sports premium channels.

Presumably that's because the main tennis coverage is currently on Sky Sports Mix, which doesn't require a Sports subscription. So Sky have made the alternate channel available without the Sports subscription for the duration of the split coverage. 

Note, it's unlikely (not 100%) that you would be able to record (or at least watch said recording) the Main Event channel as you would need subscription rights at the time of watching the recording. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

Full marks to Sky Sports for championing Emma's comeback. Now let's have a dedicated channel for Tennis.

This message was authored by Trips+out This message was authored by: Trips+out

The sky sports tennis channel is currently in testing mode only First appeared 22/11/23, launches before 06/03/24. According to tv channels.com. 

This message was authored by NYA42924 This message was authored by: NYA42924

I only watch WTA and nothing else so I guess we're in the same boat for 5 years. What a disaster for the sport.

This message was authored by NYA42924 This message was authored by: NYA42924

Same here 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion